Are your Kitchen Appliances Trying to kill You?

Who has two thumbs and finally just tried out the slicer on her food processor?

View attachment 101315

This gal!
OMG!!! I got cut TWICE by one. Once by one in Macy's on display & the other time at home!! The blade on the slicer disk as well as the main one that is often with serrated edges that's used to chop things up. They are very 'deadly'!! If you don't handle them correctly, you pay the price!! They will more than likely make you have much more respect for them & handle them with great care!! :eek:

Last edited:
Another thing is, that if you're on a blood thinner like me, you'll probably bleed a lot! I was at the dentist to have some teeth pulled. I had to stop taking the blood thinner for a few days so that I don't lose so much blood!! :ninja:

The main thing I got from that article is that stupid people should stay out of the kitchen. If more than one of the things mentioned happens, they should probably not drive a car... at least not anywhere near me.

The one kitchen tool I know for sure wants to at least cause me intense pain for several days is a %$#*&@ mandolin. It would take some serious effort on my part to be killed by a mandolin, but I only need to cut a fingertip off two times to know I shouldn't use one. One time should have been enough, but I fell victim to the thought, "Surely, it can't happen again."

CD
Yes, I was making a vegetarian scalloped potato dish. Unfortunately, it wasn't vegetarian after I rammed my finger into the mandolin. I spent the rest of the evening with a wrapped hand, held high over my head.

Otherwise, my kitchen implements have generally been considerate to me.

Yes, I was making a vegetarian scalloped potato dish. Unfortunately, it wasn't vegetarian after I rammed my finger into the mandolin. I spent the rest of the evening with a wrapped hand, held high over my head.

Otherwise, my kitchen implements have generally been considerate to me.
OMG!! You gotta be more careful, Mountain Cat!! So sorry that happened. You could've been on your way to the hospital, possibly the ER!! :eek:

The one item I've never cut myself with is a mandolin. I can't understand why people use their fingers to hold something so close to a sharp blade. I always use a guard. Sometimes it causes a small amount of wasted food (scraps can be used in soups etc.) - but if you use a guard, you don't get cut. Simple!

The one item I've never cut myself with is a mandolin. I can't understand why people use their fingers to hold something so close to a sharp blade. I always use a guard. Sometimes it causes a small amount of wasted food (scraps can be used in soups etc.) - but if you use a guard, you don't get cut. Simple!

I did. You made the mistake of underestimating my ability to hurt myself.

CD

Back
Top Bottom