Avocados - That's A Lot of Guacamole!

Karen W

Über Member
Local time
6:34 PM
Last edited:
Lately I've started liking them after years of disliking them. I like something acidic with them - tomatoes are good. And soy sauce and/or Worcestershire sauce and/or Tabasco. Can't bear them with anything fatty as they are already high in fat. Lemon/lime juice helps.

As you say @Karen W , they are also good with seafood/fish. The strawberry/avocado combo sounds good - and would make a pretty plate with the poppy seeds sprinkled on top.

Lately I've started liking them after years of disliking them. I like something acidic with them - tomatoes are good. And soy sauce and/or Worcestershire sauce and/or Tabasco. Can't bear them with anything fatty as they are already high in fat. Lemon/lime juice helps.

As you say @Karen W , they are also good with seafood/fish. The strawberry/avocado combo sounds good - and would make a pretty plate with the poppy seeds sprinkled on top.
Add a few slivers of red onion to give it a "bite" as well. I was kind of ambivalent about avocados, until I lived in California for a while, and tried more Mexican cuisine, too.

In the News, as well, avocados are so expensive right now, Mexican restaurants are making "faux" squash guacamole. But, we want what we want.

Did you see the size of those avocados? Wow.

My go-to for Mexican meals like enchiladas etc, is a tomato, avocado and red onion salad.

Wow is right. Living right here and I have never heard of this avocado. Thank you.

I love avocado with just lemon and salt. Can't beat it.

I have two dessert recipes using avocados. Avocado Brownies and a Chocolate Avocado Cake. Recipes upon request. lol

And, of course, over 50 different recipes for guac. :stop::stop:ok, ok

Beside guac variations, we like to salt them and squeeze lime juice over top. I use them in a Thai curry we make.

We also make a "salad" with them, 1/4 inch or so sliced avo, topped with thinly sliced red onions (which we usually soak in ice water for a while), with a light dressing made with lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, and just a bit of olive oil. It's a Cuban thing.

Have an idea for avocado strawberry salsa with red onion as a accompaniement to grilled fish with fresh lime juice. I'll just wing it.

Last edited:
A Thai place we get takeout from puts chunks of avocado in as they serve, as well as cashews.

I need to make one of those again soon. I remember you saying how high the price was in your area. Will see how high they are here now.

Back
Top Bottom