• 2 tsp Salt
  • 6 Garlic cloves, mashed or pureed
  • 6 tblsp Lime juice
  • 1.5 kg Chicken breast
  • 3 tblsp Olive oil
  • 6 Fresh red chilis, sliced
  • Fresh coriander leaf
Method

Grind the cumin seeds, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, black pepper and salt to a fine powder. Mix the garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and add the ground spices. Mix well.

Cut the chicken into pieces about 100mm x 30mm. Score the chicken pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well to ensure that all the chicken pieces are coated and the marinade has seeped into the scores.

marinade 3 s.jpg

Cover the bowl and leave in the refrigerator overnight.

Light the barbecue.

Remove the chicken pieces from the bowl, shake off any excess marinade and place on the barbecue,
brushing the surface with the olive oil. Turn over the chicken and brush with more oil. Cook until just catching turning and brushing regularly.

Garnish with the red chillis and coriander leaf to serve.

served 1 s.jpg

Served with masala potatoes and salad.

Everything about this sounds amazing. We absolutely love lime juice in our marinades. Sometimes my chicken marinade consists mostly of lime, lemon, and oranges (with garlic, paprika, ect....). I love me some citrus.

We use lime juice a lot as we have difficulty sourcing lemon juice. This is a very tasty Indian potato side dish incorporating lemon (or lime) juice:

hotandsourpotatoes2.jpg

Recipe is here:

https://freebeerforyorky.com/Spuds.html#Sour

It's based upon a recipe by Shrimati Bina Devi Burman with some amendments.

Last edited:
I don't have Cumin seeds. What ratio of cumin should I use?

When I grind cumin seeds the volume probably reduces to 80% so probably just a little less that 1 tablespoon.

Back
Top Bottom