Recipe Beef and Sausage Stuffed Peppers

caseydog

Local time
5:40 AM
Beef and Sausage Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients

4 large bell peppers (of your color choice -- red yellow and orange are sweeter)
I pound ground/minced beef (80/20)
1 pound of raw sausage of your choice (I used a breakfast sausage you probably won't find outside of Texas)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt
Black Pepper
Olive Oil
Melty cheese (I used whole milk Mozzarella)

Method

Preheat oven to 350F

Dice onions and celery. Sauté in olive oil until somewhat soft and transparent. Don't caramelize. Add garlic to the pan for they last two minutes, to take the edge off the garlic. When done, put it aside in a bowl in the fridge. You want it cooled down before adding it to the cold meats

Mix the two meats lightly, then add the veggies, bread crumbs, and eggs.Mix together thoroughly, but gently.

Cut the top off of each bell pepper. Measure our you meat mixture for each pepper and stuff each pepper with meat mixture.

Place on a foil lined baking pan, and place in the oven. Bake until the temperature at the center of the meat is around 145F, sprinkle cheese on top, and continue baking until at least 160F. It should take about an hour, perhaps a bit longer. Always go by temperature, not time.

Server over you favorite rice -- I used some of my Uncle Ben's famous Spanish Rice. :wink:

1697172985378.jpeg

1696895878041.jpeg

CD

Last edited:
Nice dish, nice presentation. I'm surprised you didn't add some Texas capsaisin to it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom