Ingredients
6oz egg noodles
6oz cooked roast beef, diced
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup (2oz?) mushrooms, sliced
1 cup beef broth
1 TB oil/butter/bacon grease
Kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste (maybe 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper?)

Directions
Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat fat in a large sauté pan set over medium, and sauté cabbage, onion, and mushroom until softened, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Add beef and continue to cook a few minutes longer.

Add broth, bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, until cabbage is tender.

Drain the egg noodles and, off the heat, add to the cabbage mixture, tossing to incorporate thoroughly. Serve immediately.

NOTE: This is a recipe of my own, never written down, so all amounts and times are approximations. Please adjust to your own tastes accordingly.

Beef & Noodles Deluxe
Serves 3-4

Ingredients
6oz egg noodles
6oz cooked roast beef, diced
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup (2oz?) mushrooms, sliced
1 cup beef broth
1 TB oil/butter/bacon grease
Kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste (maybe 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper?)

Directions
Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat fat in a large sauté pan set over medium, and sauté cabbage, onion, and mushroom until softened, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Add beef and continue to cook a few minutes longer.

Add broth, bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, until cabbage is tender.

Drain the egg noodles and, off the heat, add to the cabbage mixture, tossing to incorporate thoroughly. Serve immediately.

NOTE: This is a recipe of my own, never written down, so all amounts and times are approximations. Please adjust to your own tastes accordingly.

I am so proud of you for submitting your own creation! :bravo:

I do really like the mushrooms and the choice of noodles, and veg combination. It is also a very good leftover use recipe, for roast leftovers, I think. The meal has everything a meal needs to have. Well done!

I do really like the mushrooms and the choice of noodles, and veg combination. It is also a very good leftover use recipe, for roast leftovers, I think. The meal has everything a meal needs to have. Well done!
Thank you - and that’s exactly what I did - I used leftover rib roast from Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom