Recipe Beer-Boiled Shrimp

cookieee

Local time
3:33 PM
How can something so easy taste so good. But it does. I have made this recipe 4 times now, and the 5th time is coming up soon. Ohhh, I do love my shrimp. lol

Beer-Boiled Shrimp
serves 6

1 lb. butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 TB salt
5 lbs. large shrimp in shell (21 to 25 per lb.), peeled and deveined
3 (12 fluid oz.) bottles beer

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions, and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the salt and shrimp. Pour the beer over the shrimp, and simmer just until the shrimp turn pink. Turn off the heat, and allow the shrimp to sit at least 1/2 hour. Serve while still warm, or refrigerate and reheat before serving.

Source: allrecipes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely easy recipe! It reminds me of cooking mussels in beer. I'd never thought to cook shrimp (prawns in UK) this way. I'll certainly try this.

What a lovely easy recipe! It reminds me of cooking mussels in beer. I'd never thought to cook shrimp (prawns in UK) this way. I'll certainly try this.

Hi, I hope you do and if you do, hope you like it. It has become my favorite way to cook shrimp. I usually use whatever beer is on hand, but I don't like the taste if it is too dark beer.

How can something so easy taste so good. But it does. I have made this recipe 4 times now, and the 5th time is coming up soon. Ohhh, I do love my shrimp. lol

Beer-Boiled Shrimp
serves 6

1 lb. butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 TB salt
5 lbs. large shrimp in shell (21 to 25 per lb.), peeled and deveined
3 (12 fluid oz.) bottles beer

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions, and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Mix in the salt and shrimp. Pour the beer over the shrimp, and simmer just until the shrimp turn pink. Turn off the heat, and allow the shrimp to sit at least 1/2 hour. Serve while still warm, or refrigerate and reheat before serving.

Source: allrecipes.com

Do you have a pic of it, please? That you can share with us?

Sorry Shermie, no can do. Just use your imagination. Shrimp, covered in chopped up onions. lol But, thanks for asking.

Don't let the lack of a picture keep you from trying it. It is really good, and you can add whatever you want to suit your tastebuds.

Back
Top Bottom