BEE'S KNEES COCKTAIL
Makes 1 cocktail

Ingredients
1/2 oz honey syrup (see step 1)
1 oz lemon juice
2 oz gin
Lemon twist, for garnish

Directions
To make the honey syrup: Combine equal parts honey and water (say, 2 tablespoons each if you’re only making a few cocktails) in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan. Warm in the microwave or over the stovetop just until you can completely stir the honey into the water. Set aside.

Before juicing your lemons, use a vegetable peeler to peel off a strip(s) of zest for your twist.

To make the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the honey syrup, lemon juice and gin. Securely fasten the lid and shake until the mixture is very cold, about 30 seconds.

Strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail to release some of its oils, then drop it in. Enjoy while cold.

Recipe courtesy of of cookieandkate.com

image.jpg

I made this with lime, and it was delicious. I’ll be honest: I seriously thought of reporting your recipe to the moderator because of how good it was, and I still may do that, but I’m guessing my new boss moderators would consider it to be unprofessional.

I only shook it for 25 seconds, because limes are smaller than lemons. Hey: I think I just invented a new recipe. I think I’ll call it “Mosquito’s Drinko”. It’s completely different from your drink.

Seriously: it seemed like you were combining too much of everything. I thought it would be too sweet because of the honey, then I thought it would be too tart because of all the lemon juice. Instead, it’s beautifully balanced. The two aggressive flavors combine and mute each other a bit, which smooths it out nicely. Very cool. I am going to make this again, possibly tonight.

Let me know what you think!

Also, that honey in the little bear...that's from my brother's hives, so that's a one-of-a-kind.
That is really cool. If you look at my honey cake recipe, you will see that I got honey in a big mason jar from friend of mine I worked with. I got some from him right before the pandemic shut everything down last year, and I haven’t seen him in person since then.

Hearing this makes me want to drive the 40 miles or so to get to his house and get some myself. I might just do that before this challenge ends.

Back
Top Bottom