Bread. Do you make your own (any kind)

I would never have thought you would want to use one @SatNavSaysStraightOn. I have one but can't see the point. Its so easy to make it myself.
They also have other uses if they have the settings. Plus being able to prove something in winter without the need to put the dehydrator on is very useful especially for vegan cheese making. And we do like other breads from time to time. But if it had the right settings, I can dispose (as in recycle) my yoghurt maker.

They also have other uses if they have the settings. Plus being able to prove something in winter without the need to put the dehydrator on is very useful especially for vegan cheese making. And we do like other breads from time to time. But if it had the right settings, I can dispose (as in recycle) my yoghurt maker.

Excellent points - I should look again at my bread maker!

Yep, I love too. I make it by hand regularly. I also use my breadmaker regularly. My breadmaker can do almost anything. I love it because I can throw everything in and go about my day. It took me about 2 years to perfect my recipe. I also love to teach others how to make bread.

We used a maker when on our hols, grandkids loved putting ingredients in, under my instructions, then smelling it coming into the house at the end of the day. Wife won't buy one because she's not a fan of bread. A waist thing,lol.

Russ

Thanks, there's one near me, I will have a look during the week.

Russ
It's generally all done online. You sign up to the closest group(s) to you and watch what people post. If you spot something respond and typically the first person gets it, or the first person who can collect when the freeposter is available gets it. I've set some pretty tight criteria in the past, when clearing white goods (such as just before coming out to Australia) and still been inundated in requests.
It's not uncommon to respond and someone say it's gone, get no response (which I think is just rude but) or too be told it's yours and it's on my doorstep or veranda.
The idea is that obviously you also get rid of stuff this way as well as receive.

This is today's sandwich bread.

The dough was very wet, even after adding three more tablespoons of flour, and I think it was too wet to hold its structure.

I'll give it a couple of hours and see how it tastes.
CA2F75AE-25D5-430A-ABB0-2C41B3841EA9.jpeg

Looks excellent. Are you not interested in sourdough? I reckon you're a natural...
Thanks. My wife doesn't like sourdough much, but to be honest, this loaf has a sourdough taste, because it's got beer and vinegar in it.

Back
Top Bottom