Building a Burger

Karen W

Local time
11:14 AM
One of my favorite burgers is a mushroom/swiss (cheese) with caramelized onions.

A Caprese Burger with mozzarella, sliced Roma tomatoes, and a smear of pesto sauce on the bun is not bad either.

buckytom

Über Member
Local time
2:14 PM
I'm going to have to make and photograph one of my favourites, a Jersey shore boiguh. That is a thick beef patty on a toasted white bun, then a slice of griddled Taylor Ham, ketchup, mayo, hot pickled peppers, and diced sweet onion.

CraigC

Über Member
Local time
2:14 PM
I'm going to have to make and photograph one of my favourites, a Jersey shore boiguh. That is a thick beef patty on a toasted white bun, then a slice of griddled Taylor Ham, ketchup, mayo, hot pickled peppers, and diced sweet onion.
Will J-Wow certify it as a true Jersey boiguh?:D

caseydog

Local time
1:14 PM
Try using a toasted bagel for a hamburger bun sometime. It can hold up to a juicy beef patty, and you can add flavor with your choice of bagel. I like to use an "everything" bagel.

BagelBurger001.jpg

BBurger10-18.jpg

pocofan

Local time
I try to keep my burgers simple. Grill on the Weber with wood chips. Normally hickory. Salt and pepper. I used to hate cheese on a burger. Then I tasted one with goat cheese on a burger and it was a game changer for me. I tried smoked Gouda recently and that was pretty good too. Ketchup mustard mayo and a good pickle

ElizabethB

Über Member
Local time
I can't remember the last time I made a burger with the bun. We do eat burger patties at least once a week. Costco has 88% lean choice ground beef. It cooks and taste more like a steak than a burger. I keep the seasoning simple - a brush of EVOO, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Cooked in a very hot cast iron skillet medium - medium rare. Turned only once and never pressed.

G likes it when I dress it up. Lettuce or mixed greens on the plate, a slice of tomato, pickle slices, burger pattie, cheese - sharp cheddar or Gruyere - sauteed onions and mushrooms. Sometimes bacon on top of the cheese.

Recently I made a black and blue burger. G's new favorite. A heavy application of black pepper before grilling then crumbled blue cheese on top of the hot burger.

My guilty secret - every now and then, when G is out of town I will visit one of two locally owned burger joints. Old fashioned, greasy homemade burgers on a toasted white bread bun, with everything except ketchup. Fresh cut fries (chips across the pond) hot from the fryer. Ketchup with the fries.

One problem - I have become accustomed to not eating a lot of carbs. The bun will fill me up before I can eat half of the burger so I take the top bun off.

Yorky

Uncomfortably numb
Local time
2:14 AM
Website
freebeerforyorky.com
I made some imitation "duxelles" today to accompany a burger. It was shallots, garlic but with fresh chillis in lieu of mushrooms.

I expected the result to be extremely spicy but it wasn't. However, as usual, it was very messy........

Lightly toasted sourdough bun, green oak lettuce, ketchup, imitation duxelles, beef pate and sliced tomato.

Top Bottom