Recipe Cajun Chicken Alfredo

FoodFighter

Local time
5:49 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Thumb.png

This is a lovely dish, a slight variation on the classic alfredo. Video posted here.

With the seasoning I decided not to go heavy on the Cayenne, it's definitely there, just not in a blow-your-socks-off quantity.

Chicken breasts x2
Olive oil
Cajun seasoning (approx 50 g)
  • 2 tbsp pap
  • 2 tbsp gar
  • 2 tbsp kosher salt 20 g
  • 1 tbsp onion
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cayenne
  • 1 tbsp thyme
  • 0.5 tbsp black pepper
  • 0.5 tbsp white pepper
Preparation
Into hot pan 50 g butter
Cover the breasts in mayo and lavish in seasoning
Fry seasoned chicken.
Remove when cooked. Tent and reserve.

Next...
To a pan add
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
50 g butter
Cook for 1 minute
Add Cream 150 ml
Whisk
Add Cheese 50 g Para (Parmigiano-Reggiano)

Prepare two portions of cooked spaghetti or linguini

Slice the seasoned chicken 1cm thick
Lay on pasta
Sprinkle chopped parsley

Last edited:
S
View attachment 86602

This is a lovely dish, a slight variation on the classic alfredo. Video posted here.

With the seasoning I decided not to go heavy on the Cayenne, it's definitely there, just not in a blow-your-socks-off quantity.

Chicken breasts x2
Olive oil
Cajun seasoning (approx 50 g)
  • 2 tbsp pap
  • 2 tbsp gar
  • 2 tbsp kosher salt 20 g
  • 1 tbsp onion
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cayenne
  • 1 tbsp thyme
  • 0.5 tbsp black pepper
  • 0.5 tbsp white pepper
Preparation
Into hot pan 50 g butter
Cover the breasts in mayo and lavish in seasoning
Fry seasoned chicken.
Remove when cooked. Tent and reserve.

Next...
To a pan add
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
50 g butter
Cook for 1 minute
Add Cream 150 ml
Whisk
Add Cheese 50 g Para

Prepare two portions of cooked spaghetti or linguini

Slice the seasoned chicken 1cm thick
Lay on pasta
Sprinkle chopped parsley
Sounds great.

Russ

As it should be with Cajun heat/spice.

CD

To be brutally honest, this has nothing to do with "Fettucine Alfredo", which is fettucine, butter and parmesan.
However, the dish looks delicious - if you really like pasta with chicken.

Would you change the quantities? if yes, by how much?

If you want more heat, add more cayenne. If not, leave it alone.If y ou have a group, keep it on the mild side and put variety of hot sauces from Louisiana on the serving table. Guests can choose their own heat level.

CD

To be brutally honest, this has nothing to do with "Fettucine Alfredo", which is fettucine, butter and parmesan.
However, the dish looks delicious - if you really like pasta with chicken.
What?!?! Another culture adopted a dish and changed it a bit to suit their tastes?!?! But kept the same name so people know what it references?!?! I’m shocked, I tell you! Absolutely shocked! :wink:

What?!?! Another culture adopted a dish and changed it a bit to suit their tastes?!?! But kept the same name so people know what it references?!?! I’m shocked, I tell you! Absolutely shocked! :wink:
It totally changes the dish in every aspect especially the nuance of making the sauce which is the integral part of what fettuccini alfredo actually is and uses a very influential cooking technique that gets brushed aside as no longer important or worse case scenario isn't even understood to begin with and then gets mocked for mentioning the difference. As a chef it's disheartening but what can you do except mention that there is a difference and for some it is an important one, so here I am making that statement, however unpopular that might be. cheers :okay:

Back
Top Bottom