Recipe Cajun Chicken Alfredo

At least I wasn't the only one to speak up about it not really being what it's being called this time. Though at least it wasn't made with a bechemel and then called alfredo.

If you want more heat, add more cayenne. If not, leave it alone.If y ou have a group, keep it on the mild side and put variety of hot sauces from Louisiana on the serving table. Guests can choose their own heat level.

CD
I put in 1 Tbsp of Cayenne as my little girl has a very Swiss attitude to heat, which is "barely tolerates it".

I love heat, I even tried Dragons Blood, 10 million Scoville units!

If you want more heat, add more cayenne. If not, leave it alone.If y ou have a group, keep it on the mild side and put variety of hot sauces from Louisiana on the serving table. Guests can choose their own heat level.

CD
I had some lovely sour dough bread with butter, and a pinch of salt.

I then made more toast and slathered it with butter and then as much Cajun seasoning as it would hold, bloody delicious!

Cajun Toast is a thing!

It totally changes the dish in every aspect especially the nuance of making the sauce which is the integral part of what fettuccini alfredo actually is and uses a very influential cooking technique that gets brushed aside as no longer important or worse case scenario isn't even understood to begin with and then gets mocked for mentioning the difference. As a chef it's disheartening but what can you do except mention that there is a difference and for some it is an important one, so here I am making that statement, however unpopular that might be. cheers :okay:
Feedback is feedback, what would you do differently?

Feedback is feedback, what would you do differently?
Like KK says, it's not the ingredients, it's calling it Alfredo. Differently, well, I wouldn't do any thing except I would just call it for what it is, "Cajun Chicken in a Cream Sauce". I probably wouldn't use flour and just reduce the cream further and probably add more parm to thicken. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom