Local time
12:27 PM
Website
todayinthekitchen.com

Warning: Long Recipe

:chef: Ingredients

2 cups of chopped cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup of parmesan cheese (finely shredded)
½ cup of ricotta cheese
½ cup of whipped cream cheese
1 tbsp of Greek yogurt
12 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
15-20 seedless grapes
1 cup of spinach (roughly chopped)
½ cup of mozzarella cheese

:chef: Instructions
Cauliflower Crust
In a food processor, chop 2 cups of cauliflower.
Place chopped cauliflower in a dry frying pan on medium-low heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Put cauliflower in a mixing bowl.
Add 1 egg and 1 cup of finely shredded Parmesan cheese. (Off the block preferably)
Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
Place cauliflower mixture on a baking pan with parchment paper.
Carefully spread out cauliflower mixture with your fingers.
Hint: Form a small edge around the outside of the crust.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 C) for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.​
White Sauce
In a mixing bowl, add ½ cup of ricotta cheese, ½ cup of whipped cream cheese, 1 tbsp of Greek Yogurt.
Mix thoroughly. Set aside.​
Making Pizza
After crust cools, evenly spread a layer of white cream sauce on cauliflower crust.
Cut 1 dozen cherry tomatoes in halves. Place tomatoes on white sauce.
Roughly chop 1 cup of baby spinach leaves. Sprinkle spinach leaves on pizza.
Place seedless grapes (red or green) on top.
Sprinkle a light portion of mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 C) for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes.
Cut pizza into 4 equal portions. Remove from parchment paper.
Serve on plate. Eat with fork.​

Its a very cheerful, colourful looking pizza. Great step by step photos! Whilst there are lots of examples of Grape Pizzas out there I think this may be the only one on a cauliflower crust. Well done! @Herbie will be interested in the crust recipe, I think.

Don't think that I'll be doing THAT one!! Too time-consuming!! :ohmy:

I don't think its that time consuming - not much more than if you made conventional pizza dough from scratch and in fact you don't have to wait for the pizza dough to rise. The recipe just looks long because of the steps which have been given in detail.

Its a very cheerful, colourful looking pizza. Great step by step photos! Whilst there are lots of examples of Grape Pizzas out there I think this may be the only one on a cauliflower crust. Well done! @Herbie will be interested in the crust recipe, I think.

I don't think its that time consuming - not much more than if you made conventional pizza dough from scratch and in fact you don't have to wait for the pizza dough to rise. The recipe just looks long because of the steps which have been given in detail.

When I first started writing up the recipe, I knew it was going to be long-winded but it is difficult to reduce the amount of words. As @morning glory suggests, the actual execution is quite fast. For example, as you "dry fry" the cauliflower you can make the white sauce. As the crust is going through its initial 15 minute bake, you can cut the tomatoes, chop the spinach and shred the cheese. However, when you put that into recipe instructions, you have to list each operation separately. When it is all said and done, the entire operation takes about 45 minutes.

Looking at the pizza base mix it in the photos looks as if you would need to chop the cauliflower quite finely - or you would get lumps. Or does it sort of mush up when you add the egg and cheese?

Looking at the pizza base mix it in the photos looks as if you would need to chop the cauliflower quite finely - or you would get lumps. Or does it sort of mush up when you add the egg and cheese?
It is hard for me to describe. The cauliflower isn't as fine as lemon zest, but finer than ground hamburger. The cauliflower crust recipe is inspired by Chef Buck. He uses a box shredder. I use a food processor. After dry frying and adding the cheese & egg, the mixture is a "mushy" ball.
Here is a pic of the cauliflower in the fry pan.

I've never heard of cauliflower grape pizza before..! :p:

Back
Top Bottom