Celebrities you like (including crushes ;-)

Cameron Diaz and Kathleen Turner.

You didn't think I'd have an answer, did you?!
IMHO Kathleen Turner was cute before she fell ill and started to tipple. Cameron Diaz seems like a fussy narcissist. She has a Finnish (older) lookalike: opera diva Karita Mattila
My desire would be bettany Hughes. :)

Russ
Oh, I love her kaftans made of flax :D.

My list is long....
Steve McQueen - for being so cool
Alan Rickman - that ugly man with an arrogant upper lip - and such a good actor
Colin Firth - I fell in love with him in "Dutch Girls" when he wasn't famous
Woody Harrelson - he needs a hug
Paul Newman - them blue eyes
Gabriel Byrne - looks funny but I fell for him in "Marco Polo"
Linda Evangelista - stunning facial bones and a witty look
Lauren Bacall - as previous; aged naturally and beautifully
Michelle Williams - a sweet little girl (when she had that red pixie hair cut)
Rita Hayworth - put the blame on Mame
Carole Bouquet - a natural beauty; my favorite Bond girl

IMHO Kathleen Turner was cute before she fell ill and started to tipple. Cameron Diaz seems like a fussy narcissist. She has a Finnish (older) lookalike: opera diva Karita Mattila

Oh, I love her kaftans made of flax :D.
My list is long....

Steve McQueen - for being so cool
Alan Rickman - that ugly man with an arrogant upper lip - and such a good actor
Colin Firth - I fell in love with him in "Dutch Girls" when he wasn't famous
Woody Harrelson - he needs a hug
Paul Newman - them blue eyes
Gabriel Byrne - looks funny but I fell for him in "Marco Polo"
Linda Evangelista - stunning facial bones and a witty look
Lauren Bacall - as previous; aged naturally and beautifully
Michelle Williams - a sweet little girl (when she had that red pixie hair cut)
Rita Hayworth - put the blame on Mame
Carole Bouquet - a natural beauty; my favorite Bond girl

Lauren Baccal played my favorite fiction character in The Big Sleep 😍

IMHO Kathleen Turner was cute before she fell ill and started to tipple
When her career was on fire, she just seemed to be completely stuck on herself. That was a real killer for me. I like a bit of humility.

I have to reserve a single post for who was probably my very first crush, the one who first gave me the tinglies:

Part of what I love about her is that once she found herself typecast as Mary Ann, she didn't grumble, she embraced it, and always made time for her fans.

She's still going strong, in her 80's now, and she still looks like a million bucks. She'd still be meeting with fans if it weren't for Covid.

When her career was on fire, she just seemed to be completely stuck on herself. That was a real killer for me. I like a bit of humility.
Yes, Kathleen Turner was very much aware of her charms in her youth (and even now) and certainly wasn't the most empathic lady in the business - at least in the public eye. I just liked her looks in the "Jewel of the Nile" type of films with Michael Douglas - her male counterpart in every sense. I like the opposites: a bit of sane arrogance and self-respect (in a Lauren Bacall or Clark Gable style; with a certain humanity and a twinkle in the corner of the eye) and a puppylike helplessness or stupidity without lack of intelligence (like Bradley Cooper in "Silver Linings Playbook"). In the very end it's hard to say which factor fascinates in some celebrities. Sometimes a mere resemblance with someone you know and happen to like might clinch.

TastyReuben, I liked Lindsey Wagner. I always thought she was a timeless classic. For some strange reason, I am not surprised that you don't like Jolie. I have no logical explanation for that though! ;-0

Edited to add: I love Dawn Wells. Another timeless classic. Even as a young girl, she seemed more real and lovely than whats-her-face. LOL

Edited to add: I love Dawn Wells. Another timeless classic. Even as a young girl, she seemed more real and lovely than whats-her-face. LOL
You must mean Tina Louise, aka Ginger, part of the eternal question, "Mary Ann or Ginger?"

You ever think it's funny how no one ever asked, "Gilligan or the Skipper?" :laugh:

It's always been my intention to meet Dawn Wells at one of her convention appearances, and pay way too much for a photo and a book (hey, she has a cookbook out, among others), and pray against all odds for a kiss on the cheek, and an offer to steal me away to be her boytoy (I believe for our UK friends, that's actually toyboy). Hey, I'm 54 and she's like 30 years older, so it could happen... 🤞

I had a similar long-standing crush on Mary Tyler Moore. I actually had the opportunity to meet her once, in Minneapolis, where she was a favorite daughter of the city, because of her TV show being set there (there's a bronze statute of MTM in the exact spot where Mary throws her hat in the during the opening credits).

Anyway, I went to a book signing, but MrsT made us late. She had no interest in MTM, and the book signing was at the Mall Of America, so she went off to shop.

After waiting in line for a long time, and inching closer, ever closer to the divine Ms. MTM...wait! Did I just catch a glimpse of that winning smile?! I did! Oh, Mary!...<sigh>... 💕

...after waiting, I handler came back and said that there were too many people in line, that the book signing and meet-and-greet was ending, then scanned where I was standing, announced the line ended...right...here!...and stuck his arm out right in front of me! Noooo!

It's why guns probably should be illegal, because if I'd been carrying, I think I'd be a widower right now. She made us late, and I missed meeting Mary Tyler Moore by one person! One! Had I gotten in line literally 30 seconds sooner, I'd have likely met her, intimated that she was my kitchen pass, and headed back to her limo for a little ride around the block, so to speak.

Fate, you cruel, cruel bitc...well, never mind. I got some cheese curds from the mall food court, so that was ok...I guess...😒

You must mean Tina Louise, aka Ginger, part of the eternal question, "Mary Ann or Ginger?"

You ever think it's funny how no one ever asked, "Gilligan or the Skipper?" :laugh:

It's always been my intention to meet Dawn Wells at one of her convention appearances, and pay way too much for a photo and a book (hey, she has a cookbook out, among others), and pray against all odds for a kiss on the cheek, and an offer to steal me away to be her boytoy (I believe for our UK friends, that's actually toyboy). Hey, I'm 54 and she's like 30 years older, so it could happen... 🤞

I had a similar long-standing crush on Mary Tyler Moore. I actually had the opportunity to meet her once, in Minneapolis, where she was a favorite daughter of the city, because of her TV show being set there (there's a bronze statute of MTM in the exact spot where Mary throws her hat in the during the opening credits).

Anyway, I went to a book signing, but MrsT made us late. She had no interest in MTM, and the book signing was at the Mall Of America, so she went off to shop.

After waiting in line for a long time, and inching closer, ever closer to the divine Ms. MTM...wait! Did I just catch a glimpse of that winning smile?! I did! Oh, Mary!...<sigh>... 💕

...after waiting, I handler came back and said that there were too many people in line, that the book signing and meet-and-greet was ending, then scanned where I was standing, announced the line ended...right...here!...and stuck his arm out right in front of me! Noooo!

It's why guns probably should be illegal, because if I'd been carrying, I think I'd be a widower right now. She made us late, and I missed meeting Mary Tyler Moore by one person! One! Had I gotten in line literally 30 seconds sooner, I'd have likely met her, intimated that she was my kitchen pass, and headed back to her limo for a little ride around the block, so to speak.

Fate, you cruel, cruel bitc...well, never mind. I got some cheese curds from the mall food court, so that was ok...I guess...😒

I'm so sorry you missed meeting MTM and letting her take full advantage of you. Maybe that was Mrs. T's plan all along. ;-)

Thank you for starting a new thread mjd-lovescooking

I need to think long and hard. Nobody comes to mind. I don't really like celebrities or follow them.

Edit: I used to have a crush on Scott Walker when I was 15. I suspect hardly anyone here will know who he is, although he was American. He died not so long ago and produced some very haunting experimental music at the end of his life. And he looked good in his 70's. This is how he looked back in the day:

View attachment 48667
I once dallied with an older lady who had dated him when she was young. He did have a very good voice.

Crushes..... only two.
1603174545901.png
1603174595229.png

Amanda Holden, Gillian Anderson, Rosamund Pike, Agnetha from Abba. And the assassin from Killing Eve, as long as she sticks to the Russian accent - "Do you vant to play a game?". Rachel Riley, Mylene Klass, and pretty much every female violinist I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom