Celebrities you like (including crushes ;-)

mjd

Veteran
Local time
11:52 AM
Morning Glory wants us to start a new thread since some of us (me included) got off-topic talking about celebrities we like. I'll go first. I absolutely love Sam Elliot and David Strathairn. They both are way too old for me but I am more interested in their amazing acting talents. I swear! It's just that! LOL

Who do you love in the entertainment industry?

Thank you for starting a new thread mjd-lovescooking

I need to think long and hard. Nobody comes to mind. I don't really like celebrities or follow them.

Edit: I used to have a crush on Scott Walker when I was 15. I suspect hardly anyone here will know who he is, although he was American. He died not so long ago and produced some very haunting experimental music at the end of his life. And he looked good in his 70's. This is how he looked back in the day:

1603136536100.png

Leonardo DiCaprio is my longtime crush. I traded him for Prince William for a while when I was a teen, but Prince William traded me for Kate Middleton so I was back to DiCaprio. Sadly, he only dates Victoria Secret models who are half his age, and I only fit half of those requirements so we didn't hit it off.

Morning Glory wants us to start a new thread since some of us (me included) got off-topic talking about celebrities we like. I'll go first. I absolutely love Sam Elliot and David Strathairn. They both are way too old for me but I am more interested in their amazing acting talents. I swear! It's just that! LOL

Who do you love in the entertainment industry?

I wish I could walk into a room the way Sam Elliot can, and speak with that amazing voice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKoxi12jbI

CD

Come to think of it I feel like I have more female crushes than man crushes. I usually don't like thin, muscular kind of men. I don't love thinness overall. An exception to that is Candice Swanepoel, she is so gorgeous. I like Jasmine Tookes too.

Reactions: mjd
Celebrity crushes? They come and go.

I love Cecily Strong from Saturday Night Live. She just does it for me. Don't ask me why.

When I first saw Elf when that came out, I fell in love with then-unknown Zooey Deschanel. I still think of her as a blonde. :)

Really, just too many to mention. I named Christina Ricci earlier, and we watch Schitts' Creek, and both Catherine O'Hara and whomever it is who plays her daughter are both too cute for words. May as well through Stevie in the mix, regardless of her fashion choices.

I have a lot of movies on DVD with Anita Ekberg. To quote Austin Powers..."Yes, please!" Oh, mustn't forget Barbara Steele the Queen of Brit horror.

Sally Fields...Susan Sarandon...Felicity Kendall...Jennifer Anniston...Gayle King...just on and on and on. I'll probably be adding to this over the next several days, as more and more occur to me. I'm shameless.

I've never been a fanboy of any celebs, or had a crush on any. But, there are male Celebrities I would like to be like. As already mentioned, Sam Elliot is one. Another is Pierce Brosnan. Especially in his James Bond roles. This is a favorite scene of mine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7J48gT_z_A
CD

I like Brosnan too. He went up a notch when he stayed with his wife, Kelly Shaye Smith after she gained weight. He was seen with her hand-in-hand everywhere while the tabloids were having a field day about her weight gain. I think some people are way too superficial and many relationships fail because some are looking for some *perfect* mate. It's like when people have babies thinking it will hold together a rocky relationship. Real marriages are HARD WORK and nobody else should have any input into who should be together especially when it's based on something as trivial as one's looks.

She knows. As long as I let her run off with Harrison Ford or (and?!) Sean Connery (in their prime), she'll indulge my whims.

...Carol Burnett (don't judge me)...Celine Dion...Jacinda Ardean (that one's for rascal )...

You know the most famous portuguese blogger says she and her husband each have something like a pre-approved lover. Someone they could cheat with and get an applause from the partner. Of course it's always an unattainable celebrity not the neighbor next door. Hers is Brad Pitt, someone who I never fancied, I honestly don't know what so many women find crazy about Brad Pitt.

Back
Top Bottom