Celebrities you like (including crushes ;-)

I think we are attracted to people on many levels and it isn't necessarily just physical.

For examples, I like all the following performers and some are not considered "Hollywood's Beautiful" (alpha order and not complete):

Actors I like...
Ben Kingsley
Chris Cooper
Don Cheadle
Gene Hackman
Giovanni Ribisi
James Earl Jones
John Goodman
Michael J. Fox
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Steve Buscemi
Tim Robbins
William H. Macy
Woody Harrelson

Actresses I like...
Abigail Breslin
Angela Bassett
Angelina Jolie
Anna Chlumsky
Carol Burnett
Diahann Carroll
Gillian Anderson
Glenn Close
Jaclyn Smith
Jamie Lee Curtis
Joyce DeWitt
Marcia Gay Harden
Mayim Bialik
Meredith Baxter
Meryl Streep
Nanette Fabray
Patricia Heaton
Queen Latifah
Rue McClanahan
Susan Sarandon

Back when men knew how to dress. Cary Grant is a classic
1607465612105.png

Morning Glory wants us to start a new thread since some of us (me included) got off-topic talking about celebrities we like. I'll go first. I absolutely love Sam Elliot and David Strathairn. They both are way too old for me but I am more interested in their amazing acting talents. I swear! It's just that! LOL

Who do you love in the entertainment industry?
I love Sam Eliot's voice, OMG. I don't care if he is 20 years older than I am!

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
I've never been a fanboy of any celebs, or had a crush on any. But, there are male Celebrities I would like to be like. As already mentioned, Sam Elliot is one. Another is Pierce Brosnan. Especially in his James Bond roles. This is a favorite scene of mine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7J48gT_z_A

CD
I like that Pierce Brosnan has been loyal and true to his wife for all these years and still adores her, even if she has aged and put on a few pounds.

You know the most famous portuguese blogger says she and her husband each have something like a pre-approved lover. Someone they could cheat with and get an applause from the partner. Of course it's always an unattainable celebrity not the neighbor next door. Hers is Brad Pitt, someone who I never fancied, I honestly don't know what so many women find crazy about Brad Pitt.
I so agree with that. Now Benicio del Toro, grrrrr!

You must mean Tina Louise, aka Ginger, part of the eternal question, "Mary Ann or Ginger?"

You ever think it's funny how no one ever asked, "Gilligan or the Skipper?" :laugh:

It's always been my intention to meet Dawn Wells at one of her convention appearances, and pay way too much for a photo and a book (hey, she has a cookbook out, among others), and pray against all odds for a kiss on the cheek, and an offer to steal me away to be her boytoy (I believe for our UK friends, that's actually toyboy). Hey, I'm 54 and she's like 30 years older, so it could happen... 🤞

I had a similar long-standing crush on Mary Tyler Moore. I actually had the opportunity to meet her once, in Minneapolis, where she was a favorite daughter of the city, because of her TV show being set there (there's a bronze statute of MTM in the exact spot where Mary throws her hat in the during the opening credits).

Anyway, I went to a book signing, but MrsT made us late. She had no interest in MTM, and the book signing was at the Mall Of America, so she went off to shop.

After waiting in line for a long time, and inching closer, ever closer to the divine Ms. MTM...wait! Did I just catch a glimpse of that winning smile?! I did! Oh, Mary!...<sigh>... 💕

...after waiting, I handler came back and said that there were too many people in line, that the book signing and meet-and-greet was ending, then scanned where I was standing, announced the line ended...right...here!...and stuck his arm out right in front of me! Noooo!

It's why guns probably should be illegal, because if I'd been carrying, I think I'd be a widower right now. She made us late, and I missed meeting Mary Tyler Moore by one person! One! Had I gotten in line literally 30 seconds sooner, I'd have likely met her, intimated that she was my kitchen pass, and headed back to her limo for a little ride around the block, so to speak.

Fate, you cruel, cruel bitc...well, never mind. I got some cheese curds from the mall food court, so that was ok...I guess...😒
For me it was always the professor!

Hemulen I am definitely with you about Colin Firth and Gabriel Byrne and I love both even more now with greys and wrinkles

Same thing about Jeremy Irons, classy erotic (at least for me)

When I was a teen I liked very much Robert Downey Jr - well, still now

Colin Farrell (crush 💘)

Steven Tyler, Aerosmith
Scott Weiland - Stone Temple Pilots frontman :
When he passed away my heart was broken into million pieces

About women I liked and still like very much Demi Moore. When I saw her in Ghost, I cut my hair just like hers and I got that hair-cut for years. I loved so much when people said “hey, you look a bit like Demi Moore!”
I love love love Robert Downey Jr. My husband looks like a mix of him and Benicio. Yummy.

Steven Tyler is a bit too feminine for my tastes, but Scott Weiland...yes! I saw STP 3 times in concert.

Chris Cornell's passing was my heartache. I saw him solo in concert 3 times as well, just amazing showman and voice. And very nice looking as well. But man he could sing!

My wife is a fan of Rick Springfield.
A friend of mine books bands into clubs around the Southwest. Tries to book bands is more accurate.

He told me once Springfield would appear unannounced and unplugged at a local club near us.
So I took the unsuspecting wife and we had at table at the stage. Sure enough between acts Springfield did a walk on and sang a few tunes accompanied by a friend.

No question my wife and several other girls there would pause their marriages for an hour alone with him.

Did the same with a date once but it was David Cassidy. He stumbled on stage and attempted a few tunes.
It still went ok.

When I was a kid my crush was Cheryl Holdridge.
I’ll be dammed - she once was seated at a table across from me at a charity dinner.

I got to dance a few numbers with her.
She was a pro, knew every step perfectly.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom