Recipe Cheddar, corn, jalapeno corn bread

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
2:36 AM
full.jpg

This was some of the most moist and tender cornbread I've ever had. Since I used my basic go to cornbread recipe, I have to assume it was the addition of the cheese.

Makes 7-8 cupcake size or two 6-inch pie pan servings

1-1/2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
7 ounces milk
1 cup AP flour
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
3/8 cup fine cornmeal
2 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
1/3 cup finely diced fresh jalapeno pepper (optional or may reduce depending on your tolerance)
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or defrosted frozen

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray or grease with butter or solid shortening. If using small pie pans, spray with cooking spray or grease with butter or solid shortening. In a large bowl, cream sugar, salt and butter, add the egg and mix well. Add about half of milk, mix well, then add remaining milk and mix well.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cornmeal. Mix well. Stir in the jalapenos, corn and cheese. Add half of this mixture to the milk mixture above. Stir to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and mix gently until just blended.

Place pan(s) into hot oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes. Serve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom