Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time 15 to 20 mins

• Puff pastry: 1 sheet
  • Mature Cheddar sliced: 100 g
  • Eggs: 1
  • Water: 1 tbsp
  • Parmigiano, grated: 80 g
Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Beat up the egg in a little bowl and add a tbsp of water, roll out the puff pastry sheet, gently brush it with the egg wash.

Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano and add mature Cheddar slices. Cut the puff pastry sheet into stripes about 2 cm wide. Roll up each stripe in a little cylinder and brush again with egg wash all over their surface. Place all the puff pastry rolls on a lined oven tray with baking paper, a pinch of salt and some grated Parmigiano on top.

Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until they gilded, allow to cool them down at room temperature before serving them.

Last edited:
I use a mix of cheddar and parm in Mac and cheese. Great combination. I usually use a mild cheddar for that mix, but I know you had limited choices for cheddar. Good recipe!

CD

I use a mix of cheddar and parm in Mac and cheese. Great combination. I usually use a mild cheddar for that mix, but I know you had limited choices for cheddar. Good recipe!

CD

Shame I have limited choices for cheddar, I hope to find it more in our supermarkets although I think I’m hopeless. However, just using what I had available it has been a challenge in the challenge, I appreciated this.

Back
Top Bottom