Recipe Cherry and Strawberry Galette

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:13 PM
A galette is a very easy way to make a tart or flan and of course you can make them savoury as well as sweet. This recipe is vegan as I've used shortcrust made with margarine and glazed with apricot jam to get the pastry looking golden - but you could use egg wash instead (or both).

fullsizeoutput_36c3.jpeg

Ingredients
Shortcrust pastry rolled into a 23 cm (9 inch) circle
250g of pitted cherries and sliced strawberries (combined weight)
2 tbsp caster sugar (plus a little to sprinkle)
1 tbsp cornflour
Apricot jam to glaze

Method
  1. Heat the oven to 180 C.
  2. Mix together the cherries, strawberries, caster sugar and cornflour, stirring gently so that all the fruit is coated.
  3. Place the pastry circle on a non-stick baking sheet, pile the filling into the middle, leaving a generous border around the edge.
  4. Fold the pastry border over the filling, crimping as you go.
  5. Lightly brush the crimped pastry border with water and sprinkle caster sugar over the top.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes until the pastry is golden. Allow the tart to cool
  7. Place a tablespoon of apricot jam in a microwave safe dish and heat for a few seconds on high to liquify the jam.
  8. Glaze the fruit filling and pastry with apricot jam.

fullsizeoutput_36c5.jpeg

Oh my word ...that is stunning, just stunning - and beautifully photographed too

As my neighbours would say, "félicitations" !

Thank you - dead easy to make!

I keep coming back to your photo of the galette….do you have any objection to me downloading your image to my PC then forwarding it on to a couple of friends? Just the photo - not your recipe. If you say "no", that's fine.

I keep coming back to your photo of the galette….do you have any objection to me downloading your image to my PC then forwarding it on to a couple of friends? Just the photo - not your recipe. If you say "no", that's fine.

Of course I don't mind. Feel free to forward the recipe too if you wish. I'm flattered... if you can, put in a link to the forum. We need more members! :D

Back
Top Bottom