Recipe Chicken Garlic Ranch, White Sauce Pizza!

TELamDesign

Local time
12:25 PM
Hello all, this is my 1st post on Cooking Bites!

I am on a mission perfecting the perfect pizza. This Chicken Garlic Ranch White Sauce Pizza was a 1st of its type I have cooked and it turned out pretty great! It was pretty savory and had an amazing flavor. I am still learning and I am sure there are better methods, it is all a part of my journey!
JGUu6Jc.jpg

Here are the ingredients you will need for this pizza:
1 cup of warm water around 110 degrees.
3 cups of flour.
1 tsp of salt.
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast.
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
1 tablespoon of sugar
Italian seasoning
Ranch dressing
Fresh block of Mozzarella cheese
Around ½ - 1lb Chicken diced around ¾ ” size chunks
2 tablespoons of butter
Around 3 tsp of minced garlic
Thyme
Oregano
Basil
1 container of Artichoke Hearts (enough to top the pizza)

Detailed Instructions

The 1st step I did for this pizza was to pre-cook the chicken, then put it in the fridge while I waited for the dough to rise. I used a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, a tablespoon of butter, and around half a pound of chicken because I only cooked half this recipe. The smell is pretty awesome when you cook this let me tell you!

You want to start by cutting the chicken up in to around ¾” strips or cubes, or at least bite sized chunks for toppings and put them in a container. When that is done drop a tablespoon of olive oil over it and season well with the thyme, oregano, and basil. When this is done add in 2 tsp’s of minced garlic and about a tablespoon pad of butter.

At this point you can seal up the container and let it sit over night to marinate the chicken if you wanted to. Doing this isn’t necessary the chicken will taste amazing either way so it is up to you.

Let’s cook this chicken! Heat a saucepan over medium heat and drop the contents of the container of chicken in. Cook until the chicken in done in the center and is lightly seared, stirring occasionally. Keep in mind that it will cook even more in the oven, so try not to cook it too long or it will dry it out. When it is done put it in a container with a seal and put it in the fridge when it has cooled down.

I did something different to make this dough and mixed in Italian seasoning. I used a tsp of salt, a tablespoon of sugar, 3 cups of Bread flour, a cup of warm water near 110 degrees, around 2 ¼ tsp of active dry yeast and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

Put the yeast in the water that is around 110 degrees to activate it and let it sit for about 10 mins. You know it is done when it is foaming. While you wait you can mix the flour in a bowl with the salt and sugar.

I added quite a bit of Italian seasoning to the bread flour and mixed it up. I kept doing this until I could see the seasoning mixed in with most parts with the flour. I did not measure how much I used and went off a visual cue. I wanted the crust to noticeably have the seasoning flakes in it when it was done and it turned out great. This added a lot of flavor to the crust!

I usually mix the liquid ingredients together, but for some reason I mixed 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in with the yeast water and one in the flour. I recommend mixing the olive oil in with the yeast water, this way the oil mixes more even when you add it to the flour.

Add a bit of the liquid mixture at a time to the flour and start stirring until it is all mixed together. As you stir in the liquid, the dough should start to clump up. When the dough start to clump up dust your hands with some flour and start kneading the dough until it is slightly tacky and no longer is sticky.

When you are done kneading, form the dough in to a ball and dust it with flour. Dust the bottom of a rather large container well with flour and set the dough ball inside. I like to soak a towel in very hot water and cover the container with it. I usually set a plate over it to trap the moisture inside. Now let it rise for around 8 hours.

8 hours later. You can cut the recipe in half, or you can cut the dough in half after it rises. Put the extra half in a container and it will refrigerate for up to a week. If you plan on letting it go longer, you can freeze it. Frozen and refrigerated dough will need to be left out at room temperature for around another 8 hours to let it adjust.

Dust the ball of dough and a sheet of tin foil with flour. I recommend Reynolds wrap heavy duty non stick tin foil, it is pretty great.

I use a rolling ping and form the dough in to a circle shape the best I can, this way the bottom cooks evenly. When it is rolled out I poke holes in it with a fork so there will be no bubbles when it cooks.

Fold the outside ring of the rolled out dough over to make lip for the crust. For this pizza I wanted a savory crust so I melted a tablespoon of butter and around a tsp of minced garlic in a small bowl. I used a basting brush and tried to grab up as much of the minced garlic and butter as I could and coated the outer ring of the dough with it. Make sure the lip of the dough is sealed over well, or it will rise up and stick out like mine did on this pizza!
Now we’re on to the white sauce, I used Hidden Valley ranch dressing. Squeeze out the dressing and cover the pizza enough where you no longer see the dough. If you are not used to making white pizza’s, do not be alarmed how this looks when it is done cooking as it may look different.

I shredded up enough fresh mozzarella to cover the pizza, if you are making the whole batch you might need several cups worth.

Toppings are next. Evenly distribute the chicken around the pizza, and the same for the artichoke hearts. At this point you might want to start pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees. After the toppings I added just a bit more Italian seasoning.

To the oven! Take the pizza and put it on a pizza pan or stick it on a pizza stone that has been pre-heating with the oven. Depending on the oven, it probably will take around 15-20 mins. You know it is done when the crust is golden brown. You also might want to touch the crust to see if is crispy, but try not to burn yourself!

It’s done dude! This pizza turned out really good, I did put it back in for a min or two longer and it got nice and crispy

I was inspired to make this pizza from when I worked at Round Table Pizza 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, this is my 1st post on Cooking Bites!

I am on a mission perfecting the perfect pizza. This Chicken Garlic Ranch White Sauce Pizza was a 1st of its type I have cooked and it turned out pretty great! It was pretty savory and had an amazing flavor. I am still learning and I am sure there are better methods, it is all a part of my journey!
View attachment 31052

Here are the ingredients you will need for this pizza:
1 cup of warm water around 110 degrees.
3 cups of flour.
1 tsp of salt.
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast.
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
1 tablespoon of sugar
Italian seasoning
Ranch dressing
Fresh block of Mozzarella cheese
Around ½ - 1lb Chicken diced around ¾ ” size chunks
2 tablespoons of butter
Around 3 tsp of minced garlic
Thyme
Oregano
Basil
1 container of Artichoke Hearts (enough to top the pizza)

Detailed Instructions

The 1st step I did for this pizza was to pre-cook the chicken, then put it in the fridge while I waited for the dough to rise. I used a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, a tablespoon of butter, and around half a pound of chicken because I only cooked half this recipe. The smell is pretty awesome when you cook this let me tell you!

You want to start by cutting the chicken up in to around ¾” strips or cubes, or at least bite sized chunks for toppings and put them in a container. When that is done drop a tablespoon of olive oil over it and season well with the thyme, oregano, and basil. When this is done add in 2 tsp’s of minced garlic and about a tablespoon pad of butter.

At this point you can seal up the container and let it sit over night to marinate the chicken if you wanted to. Doing this isn’t necessary the chicken will taste amazing either way so it is up to you.

Let’s cook this chicken! Heat a saucepan over medium heat and drop the contents of the container of chicken in. Cook until the chicken in done in the center and is lightly seared, stirring occasionally. Keep in mind that it will cook even more in the oven, so try not to cook it too long or it will dry it out. When it is done put it in a container with a seal and put it in the fridge when it has cooled down.

I did something different to make this dough and mixed in Italian seasoning. I used a tsp of salt, a tablespoon of sugar, 3 cups of Bread flour, a cup of warm water near 110 degrees, around 2 ¼ tsp of active dry yeast and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

Put the yeast in the water that is around 110 degrees to activate it and let it sit for about 10 mins. You know it is done when it is foaming. While you wait you can mix the flour in a bowl with the salt and sugar.

I added quite a bit of Italian seasoning to the bread flour and mixed it up. I kept doing this until I could see the seasoning mixed in with most parts with the flour. I did not measure how much I used and went off a visual cue. I wanted the crust to noticeably have the seasoning flakes in it when it was done and it turned out great. This added a lot of flavor to the crust!

I usually mix the liquid ingredients together, but for some reason I mixed 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in with the yeast water and one in the flour. I recommend mixing the olive oil in with the yeast water, this way the oil mixes more even when you add it to the flour.

Add a bit of the liquid mixture at a time to the flour and start stirring until it is all mixed together. As you stir in the liquid, the dough should start to clump up. When the dough start to clump up dust your hands with some flour and start kneading the dough until it is slightly tacky and no longer is sticky.

When you are done kneading, form the dough in to a ball and dust it with flour. Dust the bottom of a rather large container well with flour and set the dough ball inside. I like to soak a towel in very hot water and cover the container with it. I usually set a plate over it to trap the moisture inside. Now let it rise for around 8 hours.

8 hours later. You can cut the recipe in half, or you can cut the dough in half after it rises. Put the extra half in a container and it will refrigerate for up to a week. If you plan on letting it go longer, you can freeze it. Frozen and refrigerated dough will need to be left out at room temperature for around another 8 hours to let it adjust.

Dust the ball of dough and a sheet of tin foil with flour. I recommend Reynolds wrap heavy duty non stick tin foil, it is pretty great.

I use a rolling ping and form the dough in to a circle shape the best I can, this way the bottom cooks evenly. When it is rolled out I poke holes in it with a fork so there will be no bubbles when it cooks.

Fold the outside ring of the rolled out dough over to make lip for the crust. For this pizza I wanted a savory crust so I melted a tablespoon of butter and around a tsp of minced garlic in a small bowl. I used a basting brush and tried to grab up as much of the minced garlic and butter as I could and coated the outer ring of the dough with it. Make sure the lip of the dough is sealed over well, or it will rise up and stick out like mine did on this pizza!
Now we’re on to the white sauce, I used Hidden Valley ranch dressing. Squeeze out the dressing and cover the pizza enough where you no longer see the dough. If you are not used to making white pizza’s, do not be alarmed how this looks when it is done cooking as it may look different.

I shredded up enough fresh mozzarella to cover the pizza, if you are making the whole batch you might need several cups worth.

Toppings are next. Evenly distribute the chicken around the pizza, and the same for the artichoke hearts. At this point you might want to start pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees. After the toppings I added just a bit more Italian seasoning.

To the oven! Take the pizza and put it on a pizza pan or stick it on a pizza stone that has been pre-heating with the oven. Depending on the oven, it probably will take around 15-20 mins. You know it is done when the crust is golden brown. You also might want to touch the crust to see if is crispy, but try not to burn yourself!

It’s done dude! This pizza turned out really good, I did put it back in for a min or two longer and it got nice and crispy

I was inspired to make this pizza from when I worked at Round Table Pizza 20 years ago.

That's a lot of work and very well described :okay:
I'm not sure to know what "Italian seasoning" is (I guess it's a sort of mixed aromatic herbs?), but I like you added it to the dough. I made a bread recently in which I added dry thyme/cumin/smoked black pepper/fennel seeds and it turned out very good.
About the chicken, I'm not sure I would it on my pizza, even if well cooked (my personal taste and habit) I'd prefer it in another dish.

Back
Top Bottom