Recipe & Video Chicken Roulade

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
6:00 PM

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts
100 gms walnuts
100 gms dried cranberries (no added sugar)
1 small red onion (or 1/2 large one)
4 cloves garlic
1 handful pork scratchings
2 tbs fresh oregano leaves
50 gms stilton cheese
100 gms thinly sliced prosciutto
1 bunch asparagus
1 small nob butter
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup cream

Method

Place walnuts, onion, garlic (2 cloves), pork rind in a food processor and combine. Mix in cranberries and oregano leaves and set aside. Flatten chicken breasts, then layer on some of the above filling mix. Sprinkle on some crumbled stilton. then roll up. Wrap in a single layer of prosciutto and secure with toothpicks. Place in a preheated oven 180 degrees, and roast for approx. 1/2 hour. Finish off under a hot grill/broiler for a few minutes turning frequently. Meanwhile, saute asparagus in butter and remove when cooked. Add two chopped cloves of garlic and saute, then add wine, cream, to make a sauce. Serve roulades sliced with sauce and asparagus.

View: https://youtu.be/LEk3VX2676M

Last edited:
This looks 100% delicious - I don't think I can possibly do any better (I was planning a turkey roulade). Its a great photograph too. Very impressive all round. :okay:

I thought the inclusion of pork scratchings in the stuffing was inspirational!

I got the idea from a friend who is dieting and doing a no carb keto thing at present. She was telling me that pork scratchings can be used to make schnitzels on her diet as a substitute for bread crumbs. So I thought it might work ok in a stuffing mix, which am happy to report it does. I'll get around to trying them as a coating as well one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom