For the cake:
120 ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
85 grams white whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons flaxmeal
95 grams sugar
30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
550 grams cauliflower florets
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
For the frosting:
60 grams creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/ 180°C/ 160 Fan. Lightly spray an 8-inch square cake pan.
- In the food processor, add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Leave for five minutes so it can curdle.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, rapeseed oil, and vanilla to the food processor with the almond milk and vinegar mixture. Puree a couple minutes until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower puree to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in three tablespoons of chocolate chips (leave one tablespoon for the topping).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting by mixing together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, pop it out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Spread on the peanut butter frosting, sprinkle on the chocolate chips, and enjoy! Store uneaten cake in a covered container.