Recipe Chocolate Cheesecake

I'm using Oreos with chocolate filling. I'll just use a mini chopper (or even smash them up in a plastic bag, using a rolling pin). Then I'll see what the consistency looks like. If necessary I'll add butter. I don't think I need to add extra sugar though as Oreos are very sweet already.

Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.

Does this mean leave it in the tin for a further hour before re-fridgerating overnight? I mean, at which point should I take off the springform?

Yes, leave it in the pan for an hour. Then you can remove the springform before putting it in the refrigerator. Or you can leave the springform on. I usually take the form off and leave it on the bottom.

OK. The cheesecake is in the oven right now. It all seemed to go to plan except for the quantity of Oreos. I crumbed a whole packet down and that made just under 3 cups. That was barely enough to cover the base and that is more than double the recipe quantity! My springform is exactly the right size so that isn't the issue. I added some melted butter as the cream filling alone wasn't quite enough to hold the crumb together.

Anyway I evened the crumb out as best I could. But it is a very thin layer! I suspect it won't hold together when I cut into the cheesecake. But we will see! :D

Last edited:
I used these Oreos. Weight 154g = 6 ounces
IDShot_225x225-2.jpg

Update. It is out of the oven and cooling. Shorter cooking time than given but that is probably my oven. There are cracks on top! Otherwise, so far, so good.

I was going to photograph it today but the light was crap so I'll attempt it tomorrow. It seems to have turned out OK! No-body has tasted it yet as I wanted a photo of the whole thing!!

Back
Top Bottom