Christmas 2019 - Misc

My friend (the one who recenty passed away) kept encouraging me to look at Balsam Hill. I did - the realistic are expensive, even when on sale. I'd not want pre-lit - I want the option to modify the color each year. As in some years, white lights, some years multicolor, some years just blue, or red, or green... And anyway, part of the fun of a tree is decorating it, and being creative, which to me includes the lights. At least, not getting pre-lit would cut the price down some. One year back in Connecticut, I did blue and white.

(Of course, I understand the idea of pre-lit, remembering my parents grumbling at each other about the tree lights when they were stringing them up together... and Mom would eventually chase Dad from the tree... )
I don't mind a base string of pre-lit white/clear lights, because no matter what we do with different colors, we always like having a few random white lights peeking out for contrast.

We've lived in 10 residences since marrying almost 30 years ago, and every single time, when doing the prospective walk-through, within 15 minutes, no matter what time of year it is, MrsTasty will point somewhere and say, "That's where the tree will go."

Here's the wrapping paper we're using this year:
I'm Mr. Flash while the wife is Mrs. Nostalgia.

These are our cards, all purchased in the UK in 2017:

All the messages inside are non-religious (like the cards themselves). I also buy non-religious Christmas stamps.

I recognise and have bought all of those cards except bottom left and top middle.

I recognise and have bought all of those cards except bottom left and top middle.
Both of those were purchased at the St. Martin-In-The-Fields gift shop in London. They have some very nice things there, including this bucket hat MrsTasty bought:

I can also vouch for cheap-but-tasty eats at their Cafe In The Crypt - and a wonderfully creepy setting to have scrambled eggs on toast for next to nothing.

Already a lot of trees up in houses, too early.
On the way back from supper, maybe a 25-minute drive, we saw probably six or so houses with full-on Christmas displays - stuff in the front yards, outside lights, etc, but a lot more houses than that with Christmas deccies and/or tree up inside. By this time next week, it'll be in full swing.

A week from today, we get our tree. 🥰🎅🎄🕺

Our city does a big display and festival at Christmas. City hall, and all the surrounding buildings are lit up, and set to music that you can hear by tuning your car radio to a certain station. They build an ice-skating rink, and a sled (tube) hill. It's nowhere near freezing outside, but they make it work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyr0GTgjYs4

CD
Bigger than Texas,lol

Russ

Back
Top Bottom