Christmas 2022

Eh? What´s up then? Did she fall down a mountain and crash into a reindeer?? :D :D
You’re actually not far off the mark! :laugh:

She plays a snobby, pampered Paris Hilton type who…you said it…falls down a mountain and crashes into…well, a tree instead of a reindeer, and loses her memory, forgetting what an unpleasant person she is.

That sets her on the path to fall in love with the handsome-but-humble widowed small town hotel owner, whose about to go broke and lose the family inn. Fortunately, formerly naughty, now nice Lindsay helps save the day.

Well, they say you have to walk before you run... and baby steps. I'd say a Hallmark movie is a good "baby step." And, nobody will see here in it accept you and a lot of old women, if she bombs. :laugh:

CD
This one’s not Hallmark, it’s Netflix. It’s apparently the 4th most popular movie on Netflix right now. 🤷🏻

Just around the corner from us on the main road, the local group of volunteers have set up the tree, it looks lovely all trimmed up, a little early for me but folks have taken time out of their day to bring some festive cheer to our village so won't complain.

Been helping Winona with the xmas baking..she likes to include a tin of assorted goodies in everybody's gifts...I immediately stash the whole shebang in a deep freezer at work so I don't get into them every night after dinner...

Starting tourtiere making at the shop today..we're up to 140 orders already. Cut off is in two weeks....bye bye evenings off for a while.

Just around the corner from us on the main road, the local group of volunteers have set up the tree, it looks lovely all trimmed up, a little early for me but folks have taken time out of their day to bring some festive cheer to our village so won't complain.
When I was at the hospital yesterday, I was pleased to see they were fully decked out for Christmas, inside and out. Loved it!

Starting tourtiere making at the shop today
One of my all-time favorites. I usually make one a year, but I skipped it last year. Now I’m really hungry for one!

When I was at the hospital yesterday, I was pleased to see they were fully decked out for Christmas, inside and out. Loved it!

One of my all-time favorites. I usually make one a year, but I skipped it last year. Now I’m really hungry for one!
I usually bake one or two on xmas day, depending on the size of the crowd, to go along with the dinner..With family coming and going, It gets eaten and reheated over the following day or two...I still have an uncooked one in the freezer from last year..my brother asked me to save him one and never took it home every time he came to visit..I'll give him that one this year..:laugh:

New outdoor lights:

Now if this were 150 years ago, those red lights wouldn’t mean it’s Christmas, it would mean I’m running a business of some sort out of my house… :whistling:

More Christmas cards:

These are part of the card collection I bought a few weeks ago.

Morning Glory - Remember when you saw the price and I said I didn’t pay that much, they were something like 25% off?

Well, three weeks later, they’re now buy-one-get-one (which is why I have four). They’ll be that much probably until mid-December, then they’ll go to 75% off, then after Christmas, they’ll probably be 80% off.

This was what we watched last night, on AppleTV+, starring Will Ferrell, Ryan Reynolds, and Octavia Spencer (along with a funny cameo by one of Britain’s “national treasures”).

Just when you thought there couldn’t be another spin on the Dickens tale, along comes another one, and it’s an inventive one. Ferrell plays The Ghost of Christmas Past, and Ryan Reynolds plays a horrible media spin doctor who’s the target for holiday redemption.

The twist is, Reynolds, in part due to his profession, turns the tables on Ferrell’s character, and makes the story as much about The Ghost of Christmas Past’s…past as it is about his own comeuppance.

It’s done as a musical, with some fourth-wall breaks to add to the humor.

Back
Top Bottom