Christmas 2022

I bought this yesterday without looking at the price (a habit my wife can’t understand):

$14US!

I got the last of the lights set up outside. All done.

Being this time of year, I was dressed in my mid-calf length nightgown, and my neighbor gave me a wolf whistle.

I wouldn’t minded so much if it had been the wife, but it was the husband! :scratchhead:

Today was the first day it had reached over 20°C here at home. It did it well and truly with a +25°C job (hotter in Canberra but I'm 400m higher in altitude etc). So I really know summer and Christmas is on the way now because tomorrow will be the first day with all the windows and doors closed and the heat reflective blinds closed all day in an attempt to keep the house that little bit cooler. I've also broken out my shirt sleeved & shorts PJ set. It's still dropping down to 11°C at night, so something is needed, just not liking sleeves or long legs. I even got as far as removing my woolly socks and slippers today.

Much warmer and all of the advent chocolates and not just the British vegan chocolates will need to be in the fridge to survive the day through.

It is pretty typical Christmas weather here today. It was 55F/13C today, and misty. Around this time of year, that is a typical high temperature, and we get a lot of what I call "Dallas Drizzle," which is a totally useless form of precipitation. We usually have a Grey Christmas here. Bing Crosby never sang about that.

By the way, there are some simple and free apps available for smartphones that convert Fahrenheit to Celsius, or the other way around, in seconds, should anyone want to post both in their weather related posts.

CD

Many a Christmas Day we spent at the beach with a BBQ potluck supper with our relatives.
Usually in the low 80's I'd say.
I can remember as newly weds sitting on the beach in Waikiki (we lived at the beginning of the "Gold Coast"), watching the sun go down and DH saying, you can't do this in Pennsylvania :laugh:

By the way, there are some simple and free apps available for smartphones that convert Fahrenheit to Celsius, or the other way around, in seconds, should anyone want to post both in their weather related posts.
My calculator does automatically, so no need to install additional apps. I just hadn't appreciated the need. Most people know
  • 0°C = 32F,
  • 16°C = 61F and
  • 28°C = 82°C plus
  • 37°C = 99F.
(The other easy one is 200°C = 400F.)

Weather wise, 2 weeks ago it tried to snow here, 1 week ago I had a frost every night. Now I'm hiding out of the sun and it's forecast to exceed 30°C tomorrow [86F). Come Friday I stand the chance of a frost again. And in amongst all of that and over 2.84m of rain (at this location) this year to date, I somehow need to water the veg plot. :o_o:

Found this for the first time in THREE YEARS for DH's stocking.
IMG_2351.JPG

I've always put a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage and a regular sized bottle of their Sweet Hot Mustard in his stocking, until the World turned side ways on its axis!
You use to be able to go the the seasonal pop-up store in the Mall, but not any more!
I found this at all places, Walmart!

You wrap stocking stuffers? :ohmy: I thought that was the whole reason for Christmas stockings.
That’s if it’s 1850 and you’re a pioneer and all your kid gets is an orange (and they’re thrilled with that: “An orange, Pa! A whole orange! Wait’ll I show the other kids!”). You don’t really need to wrap an orange.

I seem to remember you expressing surprise that I wrap gift boxes as well…something tells me you’re wrapping-adverse and look for ways to get out of wrapping things. 🤔

Now…when I start wrapping gift bags, I might admit there’s a problem. :wink:

My calculator does automatically, so no need to install additional apps. I just hadn't appreciated the need. Most people know
  • 0°C = 32F,
  • 16°C = 61F and
  • 28°C = 82°C plus
  • 37°C = 99F.
(The other easy one is 200°C = 400F.)

Weather wise, 2 weeks ago it tried to snow here, 1 week ago I had a frost every night. Now I'm hiding out of the sun and it's forecast to exceed 30°C tomorrow [86F). Come Friday I stand the chance of a frost again. And in amongst all of that and over 2.84m of rain (at this location) this year to date, I somehow need to water the veg plot. :o_o:

I didn't know all that -- except for the 32F = 0C. And, 200C does not equal 400F. I just checked, and 200C = 392F.😜 If it ever gets that hot, we'll be dead, so it won't matter. :laugh:

CD

Found this for the first time in THREE YEARS for DH's stocking.
View attachment 93288
I've always put a Hickory Farms Summer Sausage and a regular sized bottle of their Sweet Hot Mustard in his stocking, until the World turned side ways on its axis!
You use to be able to go the the seasonal pop-up store in the Mall, but not any more!
I found this at all places, Walmart!

They had a small kiosk at my local mall last Christmas. Nothing like what they used to have at malls at Christmas. I was able to get Beef Sticks, which is what they called Beef Summer Sausage in the past. I wonder why they changed the name??? I did the stocking stuffing last year, and Hickory Farms Beef Sticks were in them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom