Christmas 2022

I have an issue with…let’s call them “in yer face” beer names. I want to know what to expect, and calling something “Screaming Goat Whiskers Pyscho Juice” doesn’t really tell me a whole lot.
Nah. These are obviously blokes who (a) have never tasted real ale (b) are probably high on something (c) have no idea whatsoever what spices taste like and (d) think that by adding coffee, beef broth and ketchup to their mash, can market something called " Whooppee Breakfast Cow Juice IPA".
And then believe thay can actually sell this crap.
:eek: :eek: :yuck::yuck:

A few years ago, a colleague of mine who is really big into beer and micro-breweries gave me some of this beer... Buffalo Sweat. The name is very unappealing, but I loved the taste. It would make a good Christmas beer, IMO.

It was malty, not hoppy (I don't like hoppy). Poured into a glass, it was almost black, and had notes of chocolate and coffee. It had a thick, cramy head, similar to a well poured Guinness. But, it wasn't really heavy, as I expected it to be. I can't get it here anymore. It is from a micro-brewery in Wichita, Kansas.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 9.17.45 PM.jpg

CD

Hubby is home now and has just tried eating the advent chocolates for the 24th! I wouldn't mind but he never asked if I'd eaten his chocolates for Monday through to Thursday if this week, just started on the 24th... humph. :o_o:

(I hadn't btw. I'd just opened the wrapped chocolates and taken 1 out and out his back in the day they related to. )

Further advent postings suspended until MrsT’s return from Florida.

More pea pod wine?
I’m no student of comedy, but I’m telling you, Penelope Keith’s sense of timing and her ability to deliver a line that probably wouldn’t even land in someone else’s less capable hands is brilliant.

I love Felicity Kendall, but the one who always has me laughing on that show is Ms. Keith.

“Do I look like I drink milk stout?” :laugh:

I’m no student of comedy, but I’m telling you, Penelope Keith’s sense of timing and her ability to deliver a line that probably wouldn’t even land in someone else’s less capable hands is brilliant.

I love Felicity Kendall, but the one who always has me laughing on that show is Ms. Keith.

“Do I look like I drink milk stout?” :laugh:
Indeed Penelope Keith is the master of comic delivery. What always comes across for me is the clear affection that the four main actors have for each other and that adds to synchorinicity of the performances. Something that is to be noted for the best British sitcoms of the 70s and 80s is that they ran for only two series, once the original narrative arc was complete they were left as a compact and completed work. Imagine if Friends or The Big Bang Theory had finished at their peak rather than labouring on until all the characters married each other and had kids, leaving the audience bored.

Indeed Penelope Keith is the master of comic delivery. What always comes across for me is the clear affection that the four main actors have for each other and that adds to synchorinicity of the performances. Something that is to be noted for the best British sitcoms of the 70s and 80s is that they ran for only two series, once the original narrative arc was complete they were left as a compact and completed work. Imagine if Friends or The Big Bang Theory had finished at their peak rather than labouring on until all the characters married each other and had kids, leaving the audience bored.

I never got 'bored' with The Big Bang Theory, but with one or two more seasons, they could have "Jumped the Shark." (Google it)

I used to watch The Good Life when it was in syndication in the US. I enjoyed it, and watched it regularly.

I am guessing, however, that the actors never made the kind of money that the actors on The Big Bang Theory made, so it was easier to walk away from early. Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki and Jim Parson each made a million bucks... just for the final episode. They "only" made 60K per episode when the show started. It's hard to walk away from that kind of money.

I never got into Friends, for some reason.

CD

Back
Top Bottom