Christmas 2022

Well, my #$%& cold got worse today, instead of better. I now have a low grade fever. I just talked to my sister (the nurse) and she said we should just move everything back a week for New Year's weekend. TCU plays on NYE for a shot at the National Championship game in January. We can watch it together. That will be more fun than Christmas (what was that thud... oh, someone help Tasty up off the floor).

CD
Sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon.

The star has been hung.

(And yes, I know but we always hang it because that way it moves around catching the light and stars hang in the sky normally (so to speak) ). And yes I know, he used black cotton. i tried to get him to use white thread but just getting the star hanging over the top of the tree, not in front of it and lower than the top of the tree was a major undertaking in itself, so I kept quiet on the black thread after being told he was using it (I had even offered to get the white thread for him and tie it on to the tack to put in the ceiling but he was having none of it).)

20221223_203527.jpg
20221223_203358.jpg

2 members here should recognise the star we use. We bought 2 of them decades ago (actually 29 years ago this Christmas) and tied then together back to back to make a tree star... I've seen their tree in previous years and noticed we have the same star.

The star has been hung.

(And yes, I know but we always hang it because that way it moves around catching the light and stars hang in the sky normally (so to speak) ). And yes I know, he used black cotton. i tried to get him to use white thread but just getting the star hanging over the top of the tree, not in front of it and lower than the top of the tree was a major undertaking in itself, so I kept quiet on the black thread after being told he was using it (I had even offered to get the white thread for him and tie it on to the tack to put in the ceiling but he was having none of it).)

View attachment 94004View attachment 94005

2 members here should recognise the star we use. We bought 2 of them decades ago (actually 29 years ago this Christmas) and tied then together back to back to make a tree star... I've seen their tree in previous years and noticed we have the same star.
Beautiful! I love the idea of hanging the star.

Like our heroes and role models Margo & Jerry, our Christmas has arrived in a box.

20221223_132401.jpg
20221223_132659.jpg

Sirloin of beef
Bacon wrapped turkey
Rosemary and garlic roast potatoes
Creamed mash
Buttered cabbage and sprouts
Roasted carrots and parsnips
Truffled cauliflower cheese
Stout yorkshire puddings
Pigs in blankets
Stuffing balls
Red currant gravy

Chocolate orange yule log
Brandy creme anglaise
Homemade mince pies

Wine
Christmas crackers
Full instructions.

Well, my #$%& cold got worse today, instead of better. I now have a low grade fever. I just talked to my sister (the nurse) and she said we should just move everything back a week for New Year's weekend. TCU plays on NYE for a shot at the National Championship game in January. We can watch it together. That will be more fun than Christmas (what was that thud... oh, someone help Tasty up off the floor).

CD

Sorry to hear this. Have you got something for your 'home alone' Christmas dinner?

The OMWC :

Hey, um…you’re cooking partner is sending me gifts on the sly!

A8040A86-D8F9-463A-BF1E-9D1C44768A2C.jpeg

In truth, MrsT and I make up gift-appropriate names for our Christmas offerings - this is going to be something cooking-related for me!

:wink: :laugh:

The OMWC :

Hey, um…you’re cooking partner is sending me gifts on the sly!

View attachment 94024

In truth, MrsT and I make up gift-appropriate names for our Christmas offerings - this is going to be something cooking-related for me!

:wink: :laugh:
My late wife used to call me "My Private Pepin" but I think she meant something different.

Baking my first Christmas cake, right now. Here it is called Londoner, I loved it when my Godmother had made it, she is no longer alive, God bless her soul, she was fantastic at baking those.
I had to make some alterations, of course, for it to fit my current dietary restrictions, but fingers crossed, it will be edible...and enjoyable.
Today is the first day I did not travel to work, I managed to shift my classes online, and so soon, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. i feel underprepared, but it is good that we are all healthy. Let it stay that way.

We do have the tree up and decorated, and our advent Kranz (wreath), which we did ourselves...my daughter did it beautifully, I just provided the material. I took a photo of it at the piano, for the stark contrast in colours.
My nails are any next crazy colour, but I do like these blue ones...

This is the base layer, raw. The a very thin layer of plum marmalade, and then whipped white and walnuts, with some vanilla essence...

Will post pictures of the finished cake the next days...
20221223_212934.jpg

20221215_202526.jpg
20221127_201940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom