Christmas 2022

04553AC9-E316-4220-8231-F92B4B893393.jpeg

Sitting here shivering I feel quite envious I must say
I always used to look forward to our Christmas day lunches when we were camping over Christmas and New Year. Most years we would be dug into a snow drift. Lunch would be a lump of homemade Christmas cake with a slab of Wensleydale cheese on it, in one hand and a mug of hot black coffee in the other. Those are our overriding memories of Christmas day.

Here we'll have to spend most of the day with all windows, doors and heat resistant blinds closed and the lights on to avoid most of the heat & UV. No natural light because the UV is due to be 'extreme' which is 12-15 zone. The UK is on the same scale but theirs stops at 8. They don't need numbers 9-15 because they don't get that level of UV. UV 15 is less than 5 minutes in the sun before you're damaging your skin. Factor 50 isn't much use at UV 15.

I'd much prefer cold over this.

Last edited:
In our Christmas box were 2 mince pies, TVC had his with cream, I tried mine neat. Great pastry and plenty of filling but it just isn't to my taste.

View attachment 94075

Dunno about the mince pie but if that is a mug of tea it has my 100% approval. Just the right shade of 'builder's brown'.

Back
Top Bottom