Christmas 2022

Odd, I don't know any one who is Jewish, well, other then DH's Cario EP doc, but it never came up.

You probably know more Jews than you think. Being a Jew is something one is usually born into, but whether to practice Judaism is a choice. Some of my friends practice, including keeping kosher, while many don't, so you would never know.

CD

You probably know more Jews than you think. Being a Jew is something one is usually born into, but whether to practice Judaism is a choice. Some of my friends practice, including keeping kosher, while many don't, so you would never know.

CD
Dunno caseydog folks with names like Kamaka, Kealoha ... :rolleyes:

This is off my brother...

It's a classic in how to blame everyone except yourself when the only person at fault is yourself...

Screenshot_20221229_212313_Messenger.jpg

Look at the date and time and remember the time zones and so on...

Now admittedly it's not clear if he's talking about a Christmas card or a birthday card but either way, it isn't going to happen on when you buy it on a Saturday in a country with no Saturday delivery...

"Xmas" drives them out of their minds.
Then they're probably not aware that Xmas as an abbreviation for Christmas has been around for centuries. The X actually represents the Greek letter Chi, the first letter of Christos (which eventually became Christ). Apparently X has been an abbreviation for Christ since sometime in the 1100s.

Then they're probably not aware that Xmas as an abbreviation for Christmas has been around for centuries. The X actually represents the Greek letter Chi, the first letter of Christos (which eventually became Christ). Apparently X has been an abbreviation for Christ since sometime in the 1100s.

That would require actual thinking, something "Bible Thumpers" don't like to do. I do know where "Xmas" comes from, although I don't give it a lot of thought. When it comes to the "War of Christmas" crowd (led by FOX news in the US), it is easy to offend people who WANT to be offended. I go ahead and spell out Christmas to avoid a confrontation that will waste more of my time than typing out a few extra letters.

CD

My cards went out late this year. DH brought them to the PO on Thursday, 12/22. I figured local people would receive them by Saturday and the out of state ones I crossed my fingers on. All late! Nevada and California Christmas cards were delivered Wednesday, 12/28. For Christmas, I decided to focus on practical gifts. It did not happen with exception of Merino wool, padded hiking socks I bought for everyone and cash. Jewelry, hand bags, family (including doggy) matching PJs, slippers, cologne, perfume, etc. Our food gifts consisted of Paris Baguette Holiday Chocolate Mousse cake and pastries, caramel and chocolate candy apples, a pretzel and waffle making kit, wine, prosecco and a load of chocolate ~ Godiva, Lindor, Ferrero Rocher, Perugina, Hershey's. For stockings, Burt's Bees lip balm, nail polish, Christmas socks, travel sized antibacterial hand sanitizer, travel sized lotion. My favorite gifts received were experiences. Tickets to a play, a day at the Spa and restaurant gift certificate. I will go to each one with a daughter. Win-win all around. Happy New Year!

This morning on our walk we heard the folks across the road saying that their Christmas stuff was being packed away because 'it is all over' We won't take our stuff down and pack away until Monday.

This is (probably) the last thing I’ll say about Christmas ‘22:

0F1DA22A-5841-4173-A5FF-F53DD06BB504.jpeg

Those are the cookies/biscuits we have in the house - 14 packages by my count.

I’ve arranged them in order of “best by” date, so we know in what order to eat them.

That’s not counting the chocolates, fudge, hard candies/boiled sweets, mince pies, and Christmas pud that’s still hanging around. :eek:

I've been so surprised at the number of times I've seen "Xmas" used on this forum. In parts of the US (especially Texas), using Xmas makes you part of the "War On Chrstmas!!!" Evangelical Christians here equate "Happy Hollidays" with religious persecution. "Xmas" drives them out of their minds.
Personally, I´ve got far more interesting and relevant things to do in my life than listen to clean-shaven, suit-wearing wallies discussing the difference between "X" and "Christ". Time for another glass of wine (preferably in a glass, not on a sponge)

Back
Top Bottom