Christmas 2022

In this household, 'my side' is actually SNSSO's side and 'your side' is hubby's side.
In my house, no labels are necessary - it’s more like, “That’s my (MrsT’s) side, and that’s my side, too. All the sides are mine. And the blankets. And the remote control for the TV.”

In my house, no labels are necessary - it’s more like, “That’s my (MrsT’s) side, and that’s my side, too. All the sides are mine. And the blankets. And the remote control for the TV.”
I've found the best approach with the TV remote is to insist he has it. After 30 years of that approach, it is now a case of him complainingly saying "you can use the remote you know". :laugh:

I prefer to allow him to keep his own quilt because it's too warm for me. I need something much cooler since hitting that stage in life, so I kick all the covers over to his side of the bed in the night and I don't like his pillow. It has a distinctive smell to it and my pillow is a special one to deal with my neck issues. He doesn't like it because he can't sleep on his front or back using it. It's designed only for sleeping on your side and is adjusted to you're shoulder to neck height, so useless for him. But the pillow cases are a historic thing between us when we had a much smaller bed and shared it more than we do know... He was really upset when his pillow case finally gave up (curiously my side is still fine, but we have this issue with him, pillow cases, sheets and quilt covers. I'm guessing it's more to do with him sleeping in his birthday suit and me always wearing something despite me insisting bedding is changed every week. )

I've found the best approach with the TV remote is to insist he has it. After 30 years of that approach, it is now a case of him complainingly saying "you can use the remote you know". :laugh:

I prefer to allow him to keep his own quilt because it's too warm for me. I need something much cooler since hitting that stage in life, so I kick all the covers over to his side of the bed in the night and I don't like his pillow. It has a distinctive smell to it and my pillow is a special one to deal with my neck issues. He doesn't like it because he can't sleep on his front or back using it. It's designed only for sleeping on your side and is adjusted to you're shoulder to neck height, so useless for him. But the pillow cases are a historic thing between us when we had a much smaller bed and shared it more than we do know... He was really upset when his pillow case finally gave up (curiously my side is still fine, but we have this issue with him, pillow cases, sheets and quilt covers. I'm guessing it's more to do with him sleeping in his birthday suit and me always wearing something despite me insisting bedding is changed every week. )

When I was married, my side of the bed was the side of the waveless waterbed that sprung a leak once or twice a year.

Nundge, nudge... "Hey Tina."

"What?"

"The bed is trying to drown me again."

As for hot and cold, my ex wife had feet that were like clumps of ice, and she would sometimes put them on my legs to thaw out. 🧊 Talk about a bad way to wake up. :eek:

CD

We have just received 2 Christmas cards, bit late due to strikes but hey ho.
We just received one as well. I was about to cut them out of our lives completely, but the postmark revealed they’d sent it before Christmas, so they’re not dead me…yet. :laugh:

I've been so surprised at the number of times I've seen "Xmas" used on this forum. In parts of the US (especially Texas), using Xmas makes you part of the "War On Chrstmas!!!" Evangelical Christians here equate "Happy Hollidays" with religious persecution. "Xmas" drives them out of their minds. I'm sure TastyR has seen his fair share of this tirade where he lives.

1672261724185.jpeg

CD

I'm sure TastyR has seen his fair share of this tirade where he lives.
I can go all the way back to...1990 when I first got a lecture on using "Xmas!" Didn't stick then, and it doesn't stick now (though I rarely use that abbreviation). I will, however, say "Happy Holidays," or "Have a good holiday," just as much as I'll say, "Have a good Christmas."

I had to laugh a little, as I check extreme websites (both sides) just to see what the far ends of the spectrum are up to, and I had to laugh at one, because one story had a headline that said something like, "85% of Americans Say Christmas is Their Favorite Holiday," followed by a headline that said something like, "More Than 95% of Americans Will Celebrate Christmas This Year," followed by...,"WAR ON CHRISTMAS! Sunday Services Cancelled Due to Bomb Cyclone!" - and all I could think was, "How is something that's the favorite of 85% of us...something that 95% of us will celebrate in some form or another in a war? If there's a war on Christmas, Christmas is kicking azz!" :scratchhead:

Back
Top Bottom