1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 (1") piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, plus more
1 (13.5-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp. honey
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
Toasted unsweetened shredded coconut (for serving)

PREPARATION
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Remove from heat; add noodles. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 4 minutes (time may vary by brand). Drain and rinse under cold running water.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Cook onion and garlic, stirring often, until softened and golden, about 3 minutes.

Add ginger, turmeric, and 1 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring, just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, honey, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer; cook until flavors come together, about 5 minutes.

Mix fish sauce and noodles into broth; season with salt if needed. Divide among bowls and top with shredded coconut and more pepper.

Source: Coconut Rice Noodles with Ginger and Turmeric

IMG_0632b.png
IMG_0633b.jpg
IMG_0639b.png
IMG_0640b.jpg

Nice! And the turmeric colour really shines through. Was this meant as an entry to the current challenge (if not it should be!)? If so it needs tagging and linking back to the challenge thread.

Nice! And the turmeric colour really shines through. Was this meant as an entry to the current challenge (if not it should be!)? If so it needs tagging and linking back to the challenge thread.

Thanks. I didn't submit it because it's nothing fancy. I had a can of coconut milk and went looking for a recipe for it. I was pleasantly surprised to find one with Turmeric in it! I sampled a bit and it's quite good but I don't know if it's "competition" good.

Back
Top Bottom