Compound Butters

Probably one of the reasons I don't like pumpkin pie. Besides the fact that it contains pumpkin, which tastes a little like sweet potatoes and yams, which I also don't like. Or cooked carrots, or sweet squashes...you know the flavor I am talking about. I do love zucchini and yellow summer squash that has the mild flavor, but those spaghetti squashes and the like, yuk.

I don't like pumpkin pie made with canned pumpkin, which generally isn't really pumpkin at all, but I love it made with fresh baked pumpkin. I also cut down on cinnamon since if very much is used that's all I can taste.

Whenever a recipe I use calls for cloves, I always halve the amount, because one tiny powdered grain is all it takes to go from "that's ok," to "I think I'm gonna 🤮."

I.cut down a little on cloves, especially when I make pho broth, but it depends on the dish it is being used in.

I don't like pumpkin pie made with canned pumpkin, which generally isn't really pumpkin at all, but I love it made with fresh baked pumpkin. I also cut down on cinnamon since if very much is used that's all I can taste.
I wouldn't mind more cinnamon, just leave out the cloves.

The unfortunate thing is that pumpkin, squashes, yams, etc. are all high in beta carotene, so healthy and good for skin and other organs. Just a shame I couldn't learn to like it.

Pumpkin pie is one of those things that I'm absolutely, completely, 100%, totally ambivalent about. I neither like it nor dislike it. If it's there, I'll have a piece. If it's not, I won't feel bad. I never order it in restaurants.

Pumpkin pie is one of those things that I'm absolutely, completely, 100%, totally ambivalent about. I neither like it nor dislike it. If it's there, I'll have a piece. If it's not, I won't feel bad. I never order it in restaurants.
Usually there are an assortment of other pies I would rather eat: pecan, apple...or pecan, apple...

Back
Top Bottom