Cooking gifts under $50 USD?

no, I haven't used these, I previously used woodchips for my propane smoker. However, from experience, I like apple wood for poultry and fish; pecan is nice for pork and beef, as is Cherry.
Amazon for the win!
What would you suggest for salmon? I know you wrote applewood for fish, but salmon has such a different texture and flavor from other fish I wasn't sure.

I do know that I love mesquite on beef and pork but have never (knowingly) had pecan or cherry with pork and beef. Although given that my dad was from SE Texas near the Louisiana border (as were/are many other of my relatives who grill/smoke), it wouldn't surprise me to find out I have had them!

Last edited:
What would you suggest for salmon? I know you wrote applewood for fish, but salmon has such a different texture and flavor from other fish I wasn't sure.

I do know that I love mesquite on beef and pork but have never (knowingly) had pecan or cherry with pork and beef. Although given that my dad was from SE Texas near the Louisiana border (as were/are many other of my relatives who grill/smoke, it wouldn't surprise me to find out I have had them!
I really liked the flavor of grilling salmon on a maple plank, so perhaps that might be a nice wood chip/pellet choice?

Back
Top Bottom