Cooking in long sleeves

Oh, BTW, do NOT wear long sleeves when using a table saw. I didn't learn that the hard way, so I still have both arms.

CD

Or if you are in the engineering line,no rings or necklaces or watches. (Welding)
I do wear a watch now though! Still no other metal though.

Russ

I have 1 and possibly two ? Long sleeved shirts for weddings or funerals. Everything is polo top or beaters. About 12 deg c here ATM, shorts beater and bare feet.i cook in those as well, inside and out.
No burns on me.

Russ

But you are not a tightwad who refuses to turn on the central heating until ice starts to form on the inside of the windows!
You or your wife ? My wife is like that when we lived in N/Wales. She bought me a pair of double trap door thermal long johns. Mrs Blank put me in them in October and surgically removed them in April. I'm the guy looking stylish in loafers

You or your wife ? My wife is like that when we lived in N/Wales. She bought me a pair of double trap door thermal long johns. Mrs Blank put me in them in October and surgically removed them in April. I'm the guy looking stylish in loafersView attachment 45869
That's me. She did tentatively suggest that we might put the heating on yesterday evening as the temperature had dropped to 10 deg C. I compromised by lighting the log burner in the sitting room.

That's me. She did tentatively suggest that we might put the heating on yesterday evening as the temperature had dropped to 10 deg C. I compromised by lighting the log burner in the sitting room.

I often forget how much farther North the UK is than Texas. I am still running the air conditioning. I won't need the heater until November.

CD

I often forget how much farther North the UK is than Texas.
This was a bad winter. The temp on the Volvo was -13c, we drove to an estate near Hawarden airport at the end of the Cheshire Plain and the temp was -19c . The coldest I have driven in was -23c near Bordeaux returning with friends from a ski trip to Andorra. My Lawyer found out that you could drive coaches like the one bellow, without a PSV as long as there are no fare paying passengers on board. We paid 1 prof driver to come with us. He showed us the tricks of the trade, going down was uneventful. Coming back we had to put chains on twice. Fitting them was a freezing nightmare.

I often forget how much farther North the UK is than Texas. I am still running the air conditioning. I won't need the heater until November.

CD
Same here, A/C is on, and we're heading for more 90'sF later this week.

MrsTasty and I go back and forth with the temp. She wants the A/C on once it's about 85F or so outside - I want it on at about 60F, and she wants the heat on at about 65F, and I want to wait until it's about 30F. :laugh:

Never, ever wear long sleeves. My hands are bare as well. I can't understand how Chefs cook with all their rings and bracelets on either. It's a turn off for me.

Same here, A/C is on, and we're heading for more 90'sF later this week.

MrsTasty and I go back and forth with the temp. She wants the A/C on once it's about 85F or so outside - I want it on at about 60F, and she wants the heat on at about 65F, and I want to wait until it's about 30F. :laugh:

I'm like you at night. I like it cold in my bedroom so I can curl up in my linens and quilts, like I'm in a cocoon.

Cooking (on-topic), I usually wear sweats and a t-shirt in the winter. Besides being annoying, long sleeves are hot in the kitchen, to me.

Another note from Texas... heating season costs less than half of air-conditioning season. In a colder than normal January, it will cost me between 50 and 60 bucks to heat my home. So, if I get a little chilly, even in the kitchen, I just raise the thermostat a degree or two.

CD

Back
Top Bottom