CookingBites Dish of the Month (April): Pizza

I'm making a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) pizza tonight. I'm planning on making the sauce out of Mayo, garlic, basil, ect...... The only mayo that I have is low fat. For some reason it feels like I shouldn't cook with low fat mayo?

I'm making a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) pizza tonight. I'm planning on making the sauce out of Mayo, garlic, basil, ect...... The only mayo that I have is low fat. For some reason it feels like I shouldn't cook with low fat mayo?

I suppose it depends what is in the low fat mayo - but I have to confess I never heard of a cooked sauce using mayonnaise. It might well split. But I'm only guessing.

20190407_175832.jpg
20190407_173621.jpg
20190407_180425.jpg

Mushroom and prosciutto pizza with wild garlic scattered over the top:

BVQTyVRl.jpg

Looks great - lovely to use the wild garlic. Did you cook this in your pizza oven? I think you recommended it a while back. Its still on my Amazon 'wish-list' and I'm still deliberating whether its worth my buying one.

Looks great - lovely to use the wild garlic. Did you cook this in your pizza oven? I think you recommended it a while back. Its still on my Amazon 'wish-list' and I'm still deliberating whether its worth my buying one.
Cooked on a pizza stone in the normal oven. Sadly I decided against the Uuni pizza oven - would have been fun but I have enough gadgets. I've noticed they've started appearing in garden centres this year so its nice to be able to see them in person (still not going to get one though).

Cooked on a pizza stone in the normal oven. Sadly I decided against the Uuni pizza oven - would have been fun but I have enough gadgets. I've noticed they've started appearing in garden centres this year so its nice to be able to see them in person (still not going to get one though).

Oh - OK. For some reason I thought you already had one!

Back
Top Bottom