Cookingbites Dish of the Month (August): Pasta Salad

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:12 PM
Each month we choose a different and accessible dish (or type of cuisine) so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. This month, Pasta Salad has been chosen.

img69086.768x512.jpg

Please join in and tell us all about the Pasta Salad dishes you create during August. Innovation is positively encouraged. All you need to do is post a description and/or photo of your dish. If you want to post a recipe please post it as new thread and link back to this thread. PM me (or another moderator) if you need help to do this.

Last edited:
Clever! When I voted for pasta salad, I was thinking of non-standard pasta types. This certainly qualifies!
Thanks, hope you like the next one as well. Will be posting it in a little while. Just for the record, I am posting pasta salads that we have made in the past and working my way forward. (just the good ones) lol

My lone little brain cell is coalescing around making a couple of Asian-based pasta salads (one with seafood, one vegan, none with mayo). and one more traditional one (which may well have mayo). Mayo doesn't really go with Asian.

I can actually play with the more Mediterranean idea using A) yogurt and/or B) sour cream. In my current vision (ie, before I updated myself on what's recently been posted on this thread), I'm thinking of diving into a different culture than Italian, but still Mediterranean.

Morning Glory... can you eat eggs? I'm just trying to determine what triggers your response to mayo.

I've no real idea what triggers it really. Can I eat eggs? Absolutely - I adore them! I eat LOTS of eggs. I can also eat oil. But weirdly, I can't eat an 'emulsion of eggs and oil' which is what mayo is. I have the same reaction (mildly sick feeling in stomach) if I eat taramasalata and also coconut milk. I think its something to do with fat content.

Back
Top Bottom