CookingBites Dish of the Month (September): Pancakes & Waffles

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:44 PM
Each month we choose a different and accessible dish (or type of cuisine) so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. This month, Pancakes & Waffles have been chosen - savoury or sweet - the choice is yours.

Please join in and tell us all about the pancakes and/or waffles you create during September. Innovation is positively encouraged. All you need to do is post a description and/or photo of your dish. If you want to post a recipe please post it as new thread and link back to this thread. PM me (or another moderator) if you need help to do this.

So lets get flipping those pancakes and sizzling those waffles!

Last edited:
I have a savory Indian waffle recipe I'll post here - I've made it three times, it is a bit time intensive. It's great for a crowd that may include vegetarians and the gluten-intolerant.

Then, I'll look for something NEW to make and post.

Don't own a waffle maker, so I'll pass on that angle - but hey, aren't waffles just pancakes with waffle grid shapes???

I have a savory Indian waffle recipe I'll post here - I've made it three times, it is a bit time intensive. It's great for a crowd that may include vegetarians and the gluten-intolerant.

Then, I'll look for something NEW to make and post.

Don't own a waffle maker, so I'll pass on that angle - but hey, aren't waffles just pancakes with waffle grid shapes???

Savoury Indian Waffle sounds intriguing.

I don't have a waffle maker either - but I do have Swedish rosette waffle irons which I've only used once. Time to fish them out!

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 14.01.07.png

I don't have a waffle maker either - but I do have Swedish rosette waffle irons which I've only used once. Time to fish them out!

View attachment 31467

Ooops, I had Waffles on the mind... I meant Savory Indian Pancakes!!! I'll get that posted today.

At any rate I really LOVE those little Swedish rosette waffle irons... I could see finding a set of those!

Just did some research and came up with a Korean pancake dish I wanna try.

View attachment 31467

That iron on the right is exactly what's used to make fairground sugar waffles here in the Midwest. I mentioned those in the carnival foods topic a while back. :)

Buttermilk waffles with blueberry syrup, with a peach-blueberry garnish. Bacon on the side.

The bacon is plated funnily because I don't like syrup touching my bacon. There's also cinnamon-sugar butter in there somewhere.
B95B04C6-C690-44DD-B7F1-EB4FBC4AB201.jpeg
25EED35F-84C2-4CAB-8A29-4A93E3B5737F.jpeg

Buttermilk waffles with blueberry syrup, with a peach-blueberry garnish. Bacon on the side.

The bacon is plated funnily because I don't like syrup touching my bacon. There's also cinnamon-sugar butter in there somewhere.

Looks Yummers, TastyReuben. I don't like syrup touching my bacon, either!

View attachment 31471 View attachment 31472

This looks really beautiful - what is the green stripe on the side of the waffles?

This looks really beautiful - what is the green stripe on the side of the waffles?
That's the syrup. Cooking the blueberries in the maple syrup, they burst and color it, and when just a little of it is on the waffle, it gets a blue-green look. If there were more there, it'd look more purpley.

Back
Top Bottom