Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Grapes

Grape, onion, prosciutto and gorgonzola bruschetta

2019-04-15 17.48.41.jpg

17BFE438-977E-4C7E-9553-B5AAD979D01E.jpeg

Tabouleh - made with parsley, grape (of course), red onion, and more parsley. Also, some fun things: ginger and preserved lemon. The preserved lemon provided a citrus component, also adding its own unique character. There you go, @rascal. Another use for preserved lemon!

The grape basically took the place of tomato in this recipe. Both have a sweetness and a texture to them. The grape blended well with the other assertive flavors in this recipe. It worked.

Last edited:
So many good recipes here...
I didn't join this site in time (well, I wasn't going to go to the grocery in time after joining), but I think I'm going to make it my own personal challenge in the near future to make a savory dish where grapes are a highlight. Just for me, not for the (expired) challenge.
Looking at the recipes, I'm going to say it is going to be difficult for the judging people to judge...

I didn't join this site in time (well, I wasn't going to go to the grocery in time after joining), but I think I'm going to make it my own personal challenge in the near future to make a savory dish where grapes are a highlight. Just for me, not for the (expired) challenge.
Looking at the recipes, I'm going to say it is going to be difficult for the judging people to judge...
I find that these challenges stretch my creativity in ways I wouldn't normally imagine. Sure, there are times when I decide "I want to make something that features THIS", but I'm the one who decides the THIS. Here, you need to figure out something that someone else picked. Ideally, you feature the ingredient and don't bury it (I like spicy food, so I need to remember to scale things back sometimes!)

Deciding a winner is never easy. In this case, there were a staggering number of excellent recipes, and all of them make use of an ingredient that I consider difficult to use. Since the winner picks the next ingredient, jump in and join that recipe challenge. :)

You aren't kidding, if I could I'd award it to everyone.

Ok, I've made a decision.

It was very difficult as you can imagine, and it took me some time to visit you all and taste your meals. :D

I have to say that given a slightly different ingredient there was a great response from you all and I will be attempting many of these dishes myself if I find time.

A few honorary mentions, once again @morning glory your dishes were stunning, @medtran49 , I loved your quail dish, this is one I will try. @The Late Night Gourmet your last minute entry is another I'll try.
@TodayInTheKitchen I have to try that pizza! And SNSSO I think the Grape Molasses was a great idea and one I'll be copying.

My choice for the winner is the visually stunning, with a taste I can only imagine just looking at it and which I would guess would be accompanied by a small glass of red, is.

@murphyscreek Lamb and Halloumi Meatballs in a Smokey Grape and Tomato Sauce.

Back
Top Bottom