CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Saffron

I've got a back-log of recipes to write up and photos to tweak - 3 of which are for the Challenge. Lots more ideas too. I'm away at the moment staying with my friend (in Saffron Walden!) and I brought some saffron with me (in with a lot of other foodie things in a bag). When I unpacked the bag it was nowhere to be seen! :ohmy:

I've ordered another batch from Amazon to be delivered here to Saffron Walden.

Saffron Walden is so called as it used to be the centre of Saffron production in the UK.

Maybe you could post a photo of Saffron Walden for the recipe challenge? :happy:

Easter Dinner: Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod en Papillote (see recipe here)

I skipped more traditional Easter dinner recipes this year and made Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod en Papillote. My dinner guests were pleased with my choice.
Dinner was served with light french rolls, spinach & feta salad, and a good bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Dinner scored a big A+.

Easter Dinner: Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod en Papillote (see recipe here)

I skipped more traditional Easter dinner recipes this year and made Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod en Papillote. My dinner guests were pleased with my choice.
Dinner was served with light french rolls, spinach & feta salad, and a good bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Dinner scored a big A+.

Nz wines are very popular around the world. If you get to try this you will love it, oyster bay sav. A lot of women I know drink it.
I like an ozzy Merlot called yellow tail.

Russ

Chicken with Saffron, Ginger and Rosewater

fullsizeoutput_4626.jpeg

I adore this recipe. Love the photo. Were the olives added for taste or eye appeal? :pics:

Both, I suppose but I'm not 100% convinced that tomatoes and olives work well with this recipe (which is why I said 'optional' in the ingredients list). I think the taste might be too harsh to compliment the chicken. I'd quite like it if someone would taste test it besides my partner who says everything is great.

P.S. I haven't seen anyone use that emoticon for a long time (if ever)!

Both, I suppose but I'm not 100% convinced that tomatoes and olives work well with this recipe (which is why I said 'optional' in the ingredients list). I think the taste might be too harsh to compliment the chicken. I'd quite like it if someone would taste test it besides my partner who says everything is great.

I am a fan of the taste olives deliver to a recipe. However, I know many people who cannot stand them.

P.S. I haven't seen anyone use that emoticon for a long time (if ever)!

Thank you. I think it was the right emoticon to use for my reply. ...The whole thought about eye appeal.

Hi guys, am a bit of a dunce trying to work out time zones as GMT +1 relates to here in Australia. It has just clicked over to early morning on the 8th May here as I post this, but can't seem to work out for the life of me what time here the competition deadline is Aussie time. Any help appreciated, so I can try and adjudicate in a timely fashion. Cheers!!

Hi guys, am a bit of a dunce trying to work out time zones as GMT +1 relates to here in Australia. It has just clicked over to early morning on the 8th May here as I post this, but can't seem to work out for the life of me what time here the competition deadline is Aussie time. Any help appreciated, so I can try and adjudicate in a timely fashion. Cheers!!

Can you see the countdown clock top right of screen? That tells you how many days/ hours/minutes left to go. It reads currently (as I write)

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 17.35.36.png

Its 5.36 pm on Tuesday as I write (GMT + 1 time).

Different areas of Australia are in different time zones so I can't tell you exactly the time difference but you should be able to tell from the countdown clock when you need to adjudicate. It doesn't matter if you are a bit late!

I think you are probably about 10 or 11 hours ahead of the UK. So the deadline will be 10 or 11 hours later in your time. So a deadline of midday Wednesday will be around 10 or 11 o'clock Wednesday night your time. No-one will mind if you wait until Thursday morning your time to adjudicate!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom