CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Saffron

Can you see the countdown clock top right of screen? That tells you how many days/ hours/minutes left to go. It reads currently (as I write)

View attachment 27613

Its 5.36 pm on Tuesday as I write (GMT + 1 time).

Different areas of Australia are in different time zones so I can't tell you exactly the time difference but you should be able to tell from the countdown clock when you need to adjudicate. It doesn't matter if you are a bit late!

I think you are probably about 10 or 11 hours ahead of the UK. So the deadline will be 10 or 11 hours later in your time. So a deadline of midday Wednesday will be around 10 or 11 o'clock Wednesday night your time. No-one will mind if you wait until Thursday morning your time to adjudicate!

Thanks for that. For some reason the clock isn't showing, at least on my mobile. Will check on the laptop a bit later. I should be able to work it out now anyway from your info, and good to know there's no pressure to be exactly on time... though will do my best.

Chicken Tagine with Saffron

fullsizeoutput_470e.jpeg

Hi guys, am a bit of a dunce trying to work out time zones as GMT +1 relates to here in Australia. It has just clicked over to early morning on the 8th May here as I post this, but can't seem to work out for the life of me what time here the competition deadline is Aussie time. Any help appreciated, so I can try and adjudicate in a timely fashion. Cheers!!
We're ahead of the UK... Currently by 9hrs. (in the summer it's 11hrs). So it ends at 9pm today.

PS on mobile phones the countdown click shows below the forums list, not to the side of it, so scroll down and you should find it.

Hi guys. Whilst initially ecstatic to win the last challenge, it soon became apparent it's a bit of a poisoned chalice in that I now have to pick one dish out of so many awesome entries. I'll be honest and state it's been a really difficult task, especially trying to put my own personal taste preferences aside.

Anyway, enough waffling.

High in contention but just missing out were the following: @medtran49 entries "Saffron, garlic and shrimp pasta" and the cavatelli dish. Also close were @TodayInTheKitchen's "Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod in Papillate". Also loved the look of two of @morning glory's entries in the kebabs and the chicken tagine looked to die for. I want to eat those kebabs NOW!! @SatNavSaysStraightOn soup of cream of leek, squash and saffron soup looked superb too, and is one I'm definitely going to try.

But every time a new recipe hit the thread I just kept going back to the very first entry submitted. I just kept drooling at the thought of @MypinchofItaly's "Milanese Saffron Risotto" with the thought of that beef stock and then the added richness of the bone marrow, and then the colour of the dish highlights so perfectly the brief of the challenge ingredient. So congratulations to @MypinchofItaly.

Thanks again for the privilege of picking the ingredient and being judge. Am looking forward to returning to contestant status.

It does and that one doesn't show half of the problem!
One of the state/Territory capital cities has a half an hour time period.

@MypinchofItaly congratulations .
:woot:
My choice is Parsley (or even coriander)
May I ask that it is one of the other please given that they are totally different flavours .

And can you confirm if you want fresh only, or happy for whichever one it is you choose to be in any form. is the standard 3 weeks OK for you as a time length?

Back
Top Bottom