Coriander (cilantro) and other green herbs

Yes, cilantro was the one I could not remember without Google...interesting! The scent and taste I believe I could differentiate between celery leaves and parsley, now the seeds, not sure if I tasted them as such ever...I really need to study that and then buy and chew all of them...will re-read this!
Pictures help a lot!View attachment 59869
The one on the center of your pic is celery for sure.
perejil_cilantro.jpeg

The one on the left parsley, the one of the right cilantro

istock-524901568-635x357.jpeg

Cilantro and its seeds.

Perejil-Rizado-500x500.jpeg

French parsley or curly parsley called here.

There is no mistaking the smell of coriander/ cilantro leaf rubbed on your hand, it's almost orgasmic to me, it means a curry,lol.

Russ
To me, it means Tex-Mex salsa. I love cilantro, MrsT hates it, so we compromise with parsley, until she told me the other day she doesn't like that much, either. :laugh:

Are you able to obtain fresh coriander in Croatia?
I searched online, it seems possible to order coriander in a pot. That is a longtime wish of mine to have potted herbs, so I will order some these days.
I did not look at grocery shops, but should be possible...there is a large varietyy of products available.

Actually, I think it's a soapy taste from what I've read. Who knows?

It is. I first heard about this in a cooking class. It's as a genetic condition for some people (including my wife); here's an interesting article that explains the science:

Why Does Cilantro Taste Like Soap to Some People?

When I make guacamole, I'm careful to make a batch without it so my wife can enjoy it.

It is. I first heard about this in a cooking class. It's as a genetic condition for some people (including my wife); here's an interesting article that explains the science:

Why Does Cilantro Taste Like Soap to Some People?

When I make guacamole, I'm careful to make a batch without it so my wife can enjoy it.
Indeed, yes, caseydog posted a link about it too, it does for him too, I read it, fascinating! Never knew about this, prior to him mentioning it and reading the article. It may well be the same article...

Back
Top Bottom