:chef: Ingredients
  • 1 cup – Chicken Stock
  • 2 tbsp – Red Miso
  • 2 cloves – Garlic
  • ½ cup of corn
  • 2 tbsp – Malt Vinegar
  • 2 Cod Fillets – Approx 6 oz each

:chef: Method
  1. In two small baking dishes, combine half of the chicken stock, miso, and malt vinegar.
  2. Mix ingredients until all one consistency.
  3. Place one cod fillet in center and surround with garlic slices.
  4. Bake at low temperature for 30 minutes. (210 F/100 C)
  5. Flip fillets and bake for another 30 minutes.
  6. Top fillets with corn and bake for another 30 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven. Season with ground pepper.
:hungry:
I only wish you all could taste this recipe. The mix of galic, miso, vinegar and stock along with the low-temp, slow bake of this recipe was simply outstanding. Easily the best tasting cod recipe I have ever made.
Thank you SNSSO for choosing miso.

Very interesting. I like the use of vinegar. I've found that miso based sauces really benefit from the acidic. They can taste a bit 'cloying' to me otherwise. I have to say that sweetcorn isn't something I like very much (too sweet) - but I would try this without. 90 minutes is certainly a long time to cook any fish!

PS - @SatNavSaysStraightOn is going to have a hard time judging challenge entries as most of them are dishes she can't eat as she is vegan (with eggs)!

Very interesting. I like the use of vinegar. I've found that miso based sauces really benefit from the acidic. They can taste a bit 'cloying' to me otherwise. I have to say that sweetcorn isn't something I like very much (too sweet) - but I would try this without. 90 minutes is certainly a long time to cook any fish!

The sauce did in fact turned out great and I really think the vinegar is what "sold it". I will use the same components in my miso thai soup recipe. ( coming soon ) You are right. I was a bit worried about 90 minutes cook time. However, at the low temperature it worked out rather well. Kinda like cooking and marinating at the same time.

PS - @SatNavSaysStraightOn is going to have a hard time judging challenge entries as most of them are dishes she can't eat as she is vegan (with eggs)!

I plan to do a miso thai soup that is vegan friendly meaning no fish sauce. Also, I am tinkering with the idea of Jackfruit chili. I am usually disappointed with the many different vegan chili recipes I have tried over the past 5 years. My goal is to create a chili that is 1) Vegan and 2) satisfying to chili enthusiasts.

:chef: Ingredients
  • 1 cup – Chicken Stock
  • 2 tbsp – Red Miso
  • 2 cloves – Garlic
  • ½ cup of corn
  • 2 tbsp – Malt Vinegar
  • 2 Cod Fillets – Approx 6 oz each

:chef: Method
  1. In two small baking dishes, combine half of the chicken stock, miso, and malt vinegar.
  2. Mix ingredients until all one consistency.
  3. Place one cod fillet in center and surround with garlic slices.
  4. Bake at low temperature for 30 minutes. (210 F/100 C)
  5. Flip fillets and bake for another 30 minutes.
  6. Top fillets with corn and bake for another 30 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven. Season with ground pepper.
:hungry:
I only wish you all could taste this recipe. The mix of galic, miso, vinegar and stock along with the low-temp, slow bake of this recipe was simply outstanding. Easily the best tasting cod recipe I have ever made.
Thank you SNSSO for choosing miso.

Looks DELISH!! :wink:

I was a bit worried about 90 minutes cook time. However, at the low temperature it worked out rather well. Kinda like cooking and marinating at the same time.

I understand - I'd tend to use cod loin rather than fillet for a longer cooking time though. But hey - your dish looks good.

Back
Top Bottom