Decoding cryptic usernames

Even though I have always known that is what it means, I always read it phonetically as 'Sin is a joy'! :happy:
You have the pronunciation correct if not the meaning.
Oh and yes, some uptight woman did read it as you pronounced it and started telling me I was wrong and evil to say that was a joy. I feigned innocent and asked her what she was talking about.
This was in a public game room. Never mind the yahoos that couldn't resist teasing me after that encounter.

It certainly sounds like it! Have you done any theater? I did for 20 years or so - acting, directing, set building, writing - before I had a family..,something about 3-4 rehearsals a week while working full-time that made things too difficult to manage.
Wow...do you know...I picked that up from your photo! When I first saw it, the word actor sprung to mind! You look confident and outgoing. It's impressive that you were an all-rounder. You must have enjoyed it! Any highlights that you care to share?

No I was not interested in acting (being someone else and repeating lines over and over....actually repeating myself is one of my pet hates! I cared full time for my mother when she had dementia...as soon as I said something she had forgotten it so repetition was very common, difficult and challenging for me!)

I have an established online friend who was also an all-rounder in the theatre e.g. cabaret, directing, set building, double act although mostly a professional scriptwriter. He is in his later years and, although his showbiz career was some 30 years ago, he still is in the habit of eating his main meal very late at night! I read your profile so I see your username is not due to these same circumstances! I expect you maybe did eat late though when performing...?

Last edited:
My username isn't really cryptic but it disguises my gender! I chose it since, having been a singer songwriter/performer (for over a decade), done stand up comedy, dabbled in watercolours, free verse poetry, improvised dressmaking and currently into upcycling....er....I felt I qualified for the name!

The avatar is one of my fav things to eat...fresh cherries dipped into organic dark chocolate....the combination is incredible!

@creative

Thank you for your mini bio .. Yes, the cherries dipped into chocolate are definitely awesome ..

Have a nice evening / day ..

It certainly sounds like it! Have you done any theater? I did for 20 years or so - acting, directing, set building, writing - before I had a family..,something about 3-4 rehearsals a week while working full-time that made things too difficult to manage.
Was this a local theatre group? It sounds like you might miss it?

You have the pronunciation correct if not the meaning.
Oh and yes, some uptight woman did read it as you pronounced it and started telling me I was wrong and evil to say that was a joy. I feigned innocent and asked her what she was talking about.
This was in a public game room. Never mind the yahoos that couldn't resist teasing me after that encounter.

Well personally I think that sin (depending on how you define it) can be a great joy!

@creative

Thank you for your mini bio .. Yes, the cherries dipped into chocolate are definitely awesome ..

Have a nice evening / day ..
Mini bio??? Ha! Trust me...that left sooooo much out!
wink.gif
There is much more to me than my creative outlets...i.e. not boasting here (or sharing) about some unconventional/outrageous things that are in my past!

Well personally I think that sin (depending on how you define it) can be a great joy!
It's only a sin if you believe it is.
I know many "sinners" that had 6 month pregnancy who's babies were a normal birth weight.
Non-sinners didn't have to get married. They had babies at a year or more.
:)

I've never had a baby, so I guess Mary and I are on pretty safe ground.

Did you ever hear about the time Jesus stepped in front of a sinner who was about to be stoned to death, and he bravely announced, "He who is without sin should cast the first stone!"

Suddenly, a rock came sailing over the crowd from the back, nailing the simner right between the eyes.

Jesus just looked down, shuffled his feet, and said, " Mom, would you please stop following me around to my gigs..."

Btw, my username is my actual nickname at work.

I started working at my company when I was just 22 years old. One day, when we had a bunch of really large hard drives to move from one end of the building to the other (a 750 mb drive was the size of a clothes washer and dryer back then and weighed hundreds of pounds), my boss said, "Get the young buck to do it."

And the nickname stuck. Many people don't know my real name is Tom. They just know me as Buck, or Bucky, and a few Korean coworkers call me Buckytom as it is common to have a 2 or 3 syllable name.

(I work for Ford Motor Company).

When I was growing up, nearly everybody round our way worked for Kelsey Hayes or Briggs, both of which became part of Fords in the 1950s. My uncle used to work for Fords in Manchester and moved down to Dagenham in 1929 when the new Ford factory opened there. It was there that he met my aunt (my mother's sister). My aunt and my Mum both worked at Kelsey Hayes in the canteen, and my Mum met my Dad at work. All my uncle and aunt's family and my immediate family worked in the motor industry either for Fords, or Castrol, or Massey-Ferguson at some time except for me, but then I always was a black sheep.....

My user name is just an abbreviation of my first name and my surname. I have another variation based on my initials and surname which is use on some other sites. The first user name I ever had was Ratlady, which was appropriate at the time because I used to breed rats and had about 400 of them in my house :D but when the rats went, so did the name. My avatar on most sites is usually one of my furbabies, except on Facebook where it can be anything from the real me to a brick wall :laugh:

My user name is just an abbreviation of my first name and my surname. I have another variation based on my initials and surname which is use on some other sites. The first user name I ever had was Ratlady, which was appropriate at the time because I used to breed rats and had about 400 of them in my house :D but when the rats went, so did the name. My avatar on most sites is usually one of my furbabies, except on Facebook where it can be anything from the real me to a brick wall :laugh:
Easy work out though!

Your avatar looks like a closeup of a panther, but based on your history I imagine it's actually a more domesticated relative of a panther?

Back
Top Bottom