Recipe Dipped Fried Chicken

I've soaked it in buttermilk & seasonings in the fridge overnight, but I don't flour it until the next day that I plan to fry it.

This is something I've never seen in a fried chicken recipe: refrigerating it for a while after applying the flour. I have seen flour-egg-flour, then immediately into the oil, but never this. Something to try next time for sure!

I'd never done this before either, but I have to admit it really is worth the step.

This is something I've never seen in a fried chicken recipe: refrigerating it for a while after applying the flour. I have seen flour-egg-flour, then immediately into the oil, but never this. Something to try next time for sure!

I always let my coated chicken sit in the fridge for a while. Another benefit is that you can get the messy part of the cook done, and cleaned up before frying and eating.

CD

I always let my coated chicken sit in the fridge for a while. Another benefit is that you can get the messy part of the cook done, and cleaned up before frying and eating.

CD

I have bad experiences leaving chicken sitting in fridge for any periods. I brine overnight then dry, then roll in spice flour mix, then buttermilk, then spices again. Then I par fry. Then set aside for final cook. Gives me time to clean my mess up. It's VERY messy. But worth it.

Russ

CD

For oven-fried chicken, I always add 1 or 2 beaten eggs, depending how much chicken I'm cooking, coat the chicken with that, then I coat the chicken with corn flake crumbs & put it in the oven. It comes out crispy & golden!! The beaten eggs help make the crumbs stick to the chicken. :wink:

Last edited:
For oven-fried chicken, I always add 1 or 2 beaten eggs, depending how much chicken I'm cooking, coat the chicken with that, then I coat the chicken with corn flake crumbs & put it in the oven. It comes out crispy & golden!! :wink:
You have time to get that in the Corn Challenge!

View attachment 27160

I reduced the salt amount in the coating mix for the recipe. It wasn't inedible salty, but just a little too much.
That looks the Dogs Bollocks to me. In UK slang terms the "dog's bollocks" means the best. It comes from the habit of male dog's licking their testicles (bollocks) and that they must taste good as they spend so much time in this activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always forget to mention that when we use salt, it is always Kosher salt. Haven't used table salt since I can remember.

I have all kinds of salt in my pantry, but no "table salt."

Now that I'm on a very salt restrictive diet, I pretty much just use Kosher salt, in moderation when I cook. I still use sea salt to boil pasta.

CD

Back
Top Bottom