Dish of the month: Croquettes (any shape!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I have never had a croquette. And considering they are deep fried that trend will probably continue. I do look forward to seeing all the entries, though!

Do you never eat deep fried food? They can be shallow fried, though I'm not sure that would reduce the fat.

I'm thinking if using salt cod (because I have some). There is a Portuguese croquette using salt cod called bolinhos so I may do something along those lines.
I saw those, but fish, so...no. However, I mentioned watching an episode of "French Food At Home," and that's exactly what Ms. Calder used...salt cod mixed with some potato, rolled in panko, pan-fried, and topped with a roasted pepper-onion-tomato mix.

I'm pretty sure I have never had a croquette. And considering they are deep fried that trend will probably continue. I do look forward to seeing all the entries, though!

Good fried croquettes mostly depend on how they are fried. A deep-frying should gives a good final result because the oil is well used and it doesn’t enter in the croquette. If you use a little oil, they could tend to fried in a non good way, also risking to burn them.
And not frying them all together because this would low the oil temp, ruining the frying.

These are broad beans croquettes I’ve made some time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom