Dish of the month (February 2022): Meatloaf (including plant based)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:58 AM
'Dish of the month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. Its non competitive and there is no need to post the recipe unless you want to. This month, after a short poll, meatloaf (including vegan/vegetarian versions) has been chosen.

So, its over to you to make your finest meatloaf and post the results in this thread. Innovation is positively encouraged!

Morning Glory can we morgen the other meatloaf thread with this one?

Unfortunately I can't do that. Merging threads means that the posts merge in date order - so my top post introducing the thread would be lost. I can cross reference.

Maybe the best idea is to do that and then close the other thread so that its not added to. Yep!

Are you considering a crab cake meat loaf? That would cost a fortune. :eek:

CD
Well maybe shrimp, crab, and some other kind of seafood chopped and formed into a loaf with very little filler or binder. I do have some small loaf pans. But I have it all on hand anyway. What I don't have is beef (other than some frozen prime rib patties for burgers).

Or if I could change the shape of regular meatloaf and make meatballs. Lololol. I'd eat meatballs if they were made with the same ingredients as meatloaf but round and served over pasta in a marinara, or on a sandwich with mozzarella. Geeze i sound like a 5-year-old, lol.

Or if I could change the shape of regular meatloaf and make meatballs. Lololol. I'd eat meatballs if they were made with the same ingredients as meatloaf but round and served over pasta in a marinara, or on a sandwich with mozzarella. Geeze i sound like a 5-year-old, lol.

I'm thinking the loaf form is rather essential to a meatloaf.

CD

Well maybe shrimp, crab, and some other kind of seafood chopped and formed into a loaf with very little filler or binder. I do have some small loaf pans. But I have it all on hand anyway. What I don't have is beef (other than some frozen prime rib patties for burgers).
Crab Cakes, MMM! Wait ... could a small crab cake, looking like a loaf be in the running? I LOVE Maryland Blue Crab Cakes from Phillips .... that was very first experience with Crab Cakes and She Crab Soup.

Crab Cakes, MMM! Wait ... could a small crab cake, looking like a loaf be in the running? I LOVE Maryland Blue Crab Cakes from Phillips .... that was very first experience with Crab Cakes and She Crab Soup.
I make a badazz crab cake, baby!

Back
Top Bottom