Dish of the month (May 2022): macaroni cheese

Chili mac (AKA: American goulash or American chop suey) is certainly an American midweek home dish. Even my mom couldn't mess it up.

CD
My mom never made that to my recollection. Trust me. She could have messed it up.

Left over cooked pork sausage was added to this macaroni cheese, along with black olives, black pepper, chilli flakes and thyme leaves.

So where´s the "´n´cheese"??? :laugh: :laugh: Don´t see much cheese in there BUT the dish looks delicious!
Sometimes, the cheese strikes from the shadows! MG's dish looks remarkably similar to one I made earlier this week, there was plenty of cheese to be had but it was not up in your face. The sausage and herbs were more of the stars (talking about my dish but sounds like it applies to MG's too)

Macaroni cheese with crab. I used brown and white crabmeat, green chillies, Old Bay seasoning (yes, I have some even though I'm in the UK). The sauce was a Mornay with some white wine in place of some of the milk. Sprinkled on top are red chilli flakes, coriander leaves and the divine dried green garlic powder (sent to me all the way from Australia from SatNavSaysStraightOn).

There were no photos but I did make a huge tray of Mac & cheese last weekend which we always serve baked off for parties.

My daughter is now 22 so we had hot dogs, Mac & cheese, coleslaw. Plus dog toppings.

My nephew loves my Mac & cheese - I normally add some pickled jalapeño brine to the roux and then add a generous amount of them to the topping before baking. This time I didn’t as someone in my house had eaten the whole har, there was no back up jar & no one told me.

Back
Top Bottom