Dishwasher/washing Habits

Here's what's stupid:
Lowes Home Improvement does have the machine, but they have the extra powercord-junction box
Home Depot has the machine, but not the extra power-cord junction box
:o_o:

Um, mine just ties into a a regular 110AC line under my sink. It passes Frisco code, which is pretty strict.

CD

From what I gathered from my appliance repair guy is that at some point Bosch added some different cord, whatever! It's only $20USD and I'll pick that up tomorrow ... didn't have enough time today ... had to pick Mom up from the hospital, they finally discharged her, but still not knowing what's wrong with her, or I should say where it's coming from, so ...

My Dishwasher replacement saga continues.
Yesterday I went to the Home Improvement Center of my choice.
When my sales person scanned all of the Bosch Dishwashers, they had none and did not know when they would be available.
The particular machine that I wanted will not be in stock until at least September.
I then had three people helping me find any model that was in stock. The fourth sales associate point to the one that was in the mock-up kitchen and she was just writing up the contract for a sale.
It's not what I wanted but there's 15 in their warehouse, so...
It's stainless steel front, which I didn't want, AND it's $200USD more than DH & I had budgeted for.
Here's how I am rationalizing the price increase: it is a better machine and it is the cost of what I guessed we would be paying anyways, so there ya go.
We made the purchase last night.

Last edited:
Well, 17 years in, my Bosch has given me my first problem. It’s not filling with water, and the internet says it’s either the inlet valve (I figured that much on my own) or the float sensor.

The inlet valve is easy to replace, as it’s accessible from the front, so I’m going to try that this week sometime. The float sensor…you’ve got to completely uninstall the dishwasher and get into the innards, so if replacing the inlet valve doesn’t fix it, I’m leaving it to the repair guy to fix.

Until then…washing dishes by hand.

I was waiting on our appliance repair guy to call me back with his opinion on the best quality dishwasher for the money and I heard from him this afternoon.
As I suspected, he said that the best dishwasher over all (in the US) is Bosch!
He has this brand in his own home, the mid-range model.
He already knows how I use my dishwasher and agreed that this model would work best for our house:
BOSCH - SHE3AR76UC - Dishwasher
I went over to our local Lowes Home Improvement to look at in person ...

View attachment 82353 View attachment 82354
View attachment 82355 View attachment 82356

He told me that for the price, it's a good buy.
Lowes is out of stock, but Home Depot has 6 left and they offer free installation and haul away of the old bugger for $30USD,
not bad so he said.
I really like this models feature of the Pure Dry™ !!!
I'm so excited to get this new dishwasher ...
That does seem like a really good deal!

Well, 17 years in, my Bosch has given me my first problem. It’s not filling with water, and the internet says it’s either the inlet valve (I figured that much on my own) or the float sensor.

The inlet valve is easy to replace, as it’s accessible from the front, so I’m going to try that this week sometime. The float sensor…you’ve got to completely uninstall the dishwasher and get into the innards, so if replacing the inlet valve doesn’t fix it, I’m leaving it to the repair guy to fix.

Until then…washing dishes by hand.

When I first moved into my new house, I had a problem with my Bosch dishwasher the first time I used it. The Sears guy came out (warranty) and told me is was no big deal. Sometimes, when the dishwasher is new, after sitting in a warehouse for months, this certain gasket/seal get "stuck." He fixed it in five minutes, and told me to run it right away, and that was that (Bob's your Uncle :wink:).

Not a single problem after that.

CD

When I first moved into my new house, I had a problem with my Bosch dishwasher the first time I used it. The Sears guy came out (warranty) and told me is was no big deal. Sometimes, when the dishwasher is new, after sitting in a warehouse for months, this certain gasket/seal get "stuck." He fixed it in five minutes, and told me to run it right away, and that was that (Bob's your Uncle :wink:).

CD
That sounds a lot like what I was reading about with the float sensor, that it can get stuck or go bad, and on a dishwasher my age, it’s best to just replace it.

Doing a little pricing research today, then I’ll figure something out with it.

CD
Well cr--!
You just made me real nervous, our new, supposedly straight from the manufacturer, Bosch is to be installed on Sunday.
fingers crossed 🤞

Back
Top Bottom