Diversions for those stuck at home

I watched the 2020 version of "Villain" expecting a remake of the 1971 Ricard Burton classic. It wasn't a remake but a different screenplay and pretty good.

In one of the scenes where they're briefing department workers, you'll see my niece's husband. He worked as a camera tech on the film and appeared as an extra. :)

I'm sure that I'll recognise him. :D

Reminds me of a guy who came here looking for his (pig's head) wife. He told me she was called "Nan" - did I know her? (There are about 5,000,000 Nans in Thailand). I told him that it would be extremely unlikely but asked what she looked like. "She's small, slim, brown skin, black hair and black eyes" he said!

Just watched this video on YouTube - 10 Once popular foods that we all stopped eating. Guessing the foods will be familiar to most of us in the US.
Fun watch and I still eat some of them !

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpmiE95c20
I remember ALL of them.
Swanson was the first to brand frozen dinners as TV Dinners
The box was designed to look like a TV, a screen with images and channel and volume dials.
Fondue- I remember recieving a fondue pot as a wedding gift in '72
I have a 3 Cheese fondue recipe that I make for family gatherings. For siblings it is as much about nostalgia as taste. The younger generation thinks it is the coolest thing since sliced bread. They now make 3 Cheese fondue for their friends. :laugh:
Beef Bourguignon was a hot ticket in the '60s. Every house wife with pride in her culinary skills served beef bourguignon at dinner parties. Than you Julia Child.

The advertisement on "BBC Earth" states. "Watch it on BBC iPlayer, any time, anywhere". BBC iPlayer is not available here!
Same here! We do get BBC America, though, so that helps.

"Killing Eve" - I've tried watching that maybe three times, and I just couldn't get into it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm also sad to report that "Dad's Army" has left Netflix. Hopefully, it'll show up on Britbox or Acorn soon. That's the reason Netflix gave for it leaving, and we just watched the last episode of "Cuckoo" last night.

I have the full 50 or so episodes. Downloaded them via Pirate Bay a few years ago. I must dig them out.
I have them as well, part of my going-away gift when I left the UK. I just like the convenience of having them right at my fingertips.

We started watching Star Trek Discovery with a free trial on CBS. I must say seeing Anson Mount in his Capt. Pike roll is a far cry from his character in "Hell On Wheels".

Same here! We do get BBC America, though, so that helps.

"Killing Eve" - I've tried watching that maybe three times, and I just couldn't get into it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm also sad to report that "Dad's Army" has left Netflix. Hopefully, it'll show up on Britbox or Acorn soon. That's the reason Netflix gave for it leaving, and we just watched the last episode of "Cuckoo" last night.

I've been watching reruns of dads army as well. I see they have stopped now. Do you get last of the summer wine?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom