Do you dry your own fresh herbs?

That sounds more like an alpine strawberry or wild strawberry to me.
Here they are, with my dainty foot in there for scale:

Oh, wait, you mean the strawberries, not my toes. The strawberries taste of nothing.
That's your clue. They are actually mock strawberries, not wild strawberries. They are a harmless weed but remember the definition of a weed is simply any plant (even an orchid!) that grows where it is not wanted. But I'd not keep them if they were in my veggie plot personally because I don't have enough space as it is.
People Are Finding These Fake Strawberries on Their Lawn—Here's What They Really Are

Mock strawberries have yellow flowers while wild strawberries have white or slightly pink ones.

Mock strawberries grow upwards while wild strawberries grow down. They may be difficult to spot among the leaves.

Mock strawberries have a bumpy texture while wild strawberries have a nearly flat surface, with seeds that give a small amount of texture. This is one of the most obvious tells.

Mock strawberries taste like close to nothing. They’re watery, bland and seem to lack any flavor at all. Wild strawberries, on the other hand, have that strawberry taste that we know and love.

They are actually mock strawberries, not wild strawberries.
Thanks! Sneaky little things - they chose to grow where I used to have a strawberry bed years ago. :laugh:

I’m not bothered by them, they’re pretty, and they don’t get high enough to mow. I have a few bald spots in my front ditch…I wonder if I could dig some of these up and replant them out there? The look like excellent ground cover.

Back
Top Bottom